8. Heads Will Roll

Song of the Chapter: Heads Will Roll - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

You were staring at the ceiling, laid on the floor of the practice room. Hitch was talking your ear off about some TikTok drama she had seen recently. Something about a girl and a hoodie and a sandwich. Quite frankly, you couldn't follow the sporadic way Hitch told stories, nor did you care much for the drama.

"I would so drop her as a friend too. Like she was being so weird, don't you think?" She inquired, trying to engage you in the conversation.
"I dunno..." you trailed off, your mind elsewhere. You felt your arm being tugged by Hitch, you sat up. 
"Talk." Hitch looked at you expectantly.

Sighing, you told her your drama. You told her about Eren's text and the conversation with Historia; well, if you could call her talking at you a conversation. When you finished your retelling of the events, Hitch had her jaw hung low.

"Firstly, he's a prick. But Historia- What a smug bitch." She scoffed. She almost seemed angrier than you about the whole situation. You hadn't thought about it much until you remembered Historia will be in this class, and leading it nonetheless.

Every term, a different student would be picked to choreograph a dance that the class would have to learn. These dances would be used in various competitions your university would attend. In the previous year, Historia was chosen in the final term. She was the first fresher to have been picked, and it gave her a massive ego boost. Since then, she had been picked twice more, including this term. Each time her ego just got bigger, and she would become ruder and more disrespectful to anyone in the class who didn't kiss up to her.

Students would be picked based on their dance ability and merit. However, it was obvious to everyone else that Historia was picked because she was rich. Her father funded the refurbishment and building of two more dance studios. As a result, Historia became the teacher's favourite student.

So you were slightly more annoyed than usual about having Historia be the one to lead the class. She was a tyrant, and you had a feeling she would have a particular interest in your dancing today.

"I know what will make you feel better," Hitch leaned in with a mischievous glint in her eyes. "What?" You inquired. "Pissing off miss wannabe abbey lee miller," Hitch nodded her head towards Historia who was at the front of the room scolding a first year for bringing "inappropriate footwear". A grin spread across your face at the idea. "Can I join?" Colt asked as he put his bag against the wall you were sitting against.

You, Colt and Hitch, would play small pranks on Historia from time to time to knock her down a couple of pegs. All three of you found her painfully annoying, so this would alleviate some of the irritation.

Today, Hitch suggested swapping the phones connected to the Bluetooth speaker and playing some outrageous music for the warm-up. Colt was on duty to distract Historia, you loaded up your craziest playlist and Hitch took the batteries out of the remote controlling the speaker.

Historia went to the front of the room to lead the warm-ups, she pressed play on the remote, and you pressed play on your phone at the same time.  We Like To Party by the Vengaboys started blasting out the speaker. Historia stood there confused and just skipped the song, thinking her phone glitched, you saw her click the button and switched songs on cue. Turn Red by M Dot R was the next song to play.

Historia was frantically pressing the remote to pause the song, but it did nothing. At this point, the three of you burst out laughing, "BANGERRRRR!!!" you screamed. Hitch bent over and started throwing her ass in a circle, and you got behind her to catch it. Colt filmed the two of you while laughing so hard his stomach hurt. Other people in the class also began to laugh, some even following Hitch's lead and dancing. Historia looked at the three of you fuming, you could practically see the steam blowing out of her ears.

She rushed over to the speaker, turning it off, then sauntered over to you. As she walked, she threw the remote at you as hard as she could, but you caught it before it could hit you. You casually took the batteries from Hitch and put them back into the remote, "Here you go Histy, think the remote was missing these." You chuckled as you held the remote out to her.

She slapped your hand away, "YOU THINK YOU'RE FUCKING FUNNY, DO YOU?" Historia screamed at you, "Oh piss off, take a fucking joke." Hitch snarked, rolling her eyes. You could see Historia's anger grow tenfold at that point, but before she could have another outburst, the door opened. In walked the dance instructor. Historia immediately ran to her side and began crying crocodile tears. She babbled on about how the three of you were picking on her and not "respecting her authority".

Your dance teacher sent her outside to calm down and said if the three of you did anything like this again, you'd get kicked off the course. Hearing that made your blood boil, but you knew you there was nothing you could say to your instructor, so you didn't argue against it. The instructor led the warm-up instead, giving Historia time to cool off.  The rest of the class continued as normal. As you expected, Historia paid extra attention to you and your friends. She called you guys out for lack lustre dancing and poor form several times, none of which were actually granted.

Today's class felt painfully long, but it did come to end. You, Colt and Hitch chatted while doing your final stretches. "OH MY GOD, HI EREN!" Histroia screamed. The three of you turned to watch what was happening. "Did you come to see me after my class, that's so sweet of you-" "Uh no..." Eren cut her off. "I'm actually here to see you." He said, looking at you over Historia's head. Hitch and Colt turned to the wall, trying to hide their laughter. Historia looked horrified and embarrassed. She completely showed herself up by making such a big scene just to be brushed off like that.

Eren walked over to you, "You didn't reply to my texts."

"How did you even know there was a dance class right now, or that I was here." You were shocked to see him. He really went out of his way to find you because you weren't responding to his texts... you were dumbfounded.

"I saw on Hitch's story." He pointed to the brunette, who gave you a guilty smile. You glared at her, but there was no anger directed at her. She couldn't have known here post would be used by Eren to track you down.

"Yeah... I still just want to talk, you know. Are you doing anything right now."
"Yeah I am. I've got plans with Colt and Hitch." You lied.

"No you don't." Colt said, obviously enjoying watching your struggle. You had to stop yourself from jumping him right then and there.
"Yeah babes, you're all free." Hitch added on, and the two of them laughed.

You pinched the bridge of your nose. Those shit stirrers you thought to yourself aggravated.

Sighing, you gave in. You picked up your bag and looked at Eren, "You have 10 minutes." He nodded eagerly and led the two of you out.

A/N:  If you made it this far thank youuuuu

I kind of left it on a cliff hanger and i LOVE it.
I'm already writing the next chapter, and i think it's gonna really drive the plot forward.

I'm so excited to see how this story will continue to go. sometimes i surprise myself with the stuff i write 😹😹

n e ways!!! see everyone (lit rally who????🧍‍♂️) next time.