1. Special Affair

Song of the Chapter: Special Affair - The Internet

The cool winter air brushes past your face as you pull the hood on your head further over your face. You huff a sigh and watch the cold grey air leave your mouth, you had a pit in your stomach all day. You felt as though something bad was going to happen today, and it bothered you all day. Racking your brain for all the possible things that could go wrong just left you feeling drained. You missed steps in your dance class today because of it, which was the most annoying part.

"What is up with you today?" Hitch inquired as you took a sip from your water and looked up at her. Her light brown hair pulled back by a pink claw clip and her hazel eyes searched your face for answers.

"I don't know, I just feel off today. I have this weird feeling in my stomach," you replied.

"You starting your period soon-" "-No hitch, I'm not. But thank you." You cut her off and chuckled lightly.

You shook your head, clearing your mind of the memory as you approached the door. The feeling in your stomach intensified suddenly, you felt your anxiety increase as you raised a shaky hand to knock on the door. Should you just turn and leave? What if you just returned to the comfort of your dorm, curled up under your blanket and scrolled on TikTok instead of doing this? Would this anxiety go away then? Before you could wholly ponder those questions, you knocked on the door.

You heard shuffling behind the door for a few seconds before it opened and he stood before you. His hair was tied back into a messy bun and you could see the dark marks left on his neck and a bite mark on his shoulder. The anxiety in your body instantly left as you were faced with what had caused this uncomfortable gut feeling all day. Your anxiety reached its peak before you quickly steeled yourself and maintained your confidence.

"Woah! You had a good session," you joked as you looked behind him to see the girl lying there in the bed. Her face was turned away from you, but you knew who it was, that long blonde hair was a clear giveaway. "I'll just go then, seems you double booked yourself," you said with a flat tone as you turned to leave.

"Is that all you're going to say?" Eren asked you incredulously, his green eyes burning a hole through you, a scowl on his lips. "What else am I meant to say?" You asked him, confused by his tone. Your confusion only seemed to anger him further, "Oh I don't know, maybe ask why the fuck I invited you over when I was already with a girl!" He started to raise his voice as he followed you through the common area as you continued to leave. You stopped, turning to look at him, "So... you double booked yourself on purpose?" You asked, tilting your head in confusion, knowing it would only serve to anger him further.

"Most girls would be pretty pissed that the guy they've been talking to for a month is fucking another girl." He said harshly, trying to get any emotion out of you other than indifference. Quite frankly, it annoyed him how unbothered you were and how uninterested you seemed in him. Most of the time he couldn't get girls to leave him alone, but it was the opposite with you. After a month of speaking to you, he knew nothing about you. Your favourite colour, favourite food, even your last name were all a mystery to him, you revealed nothing. He wondered if this was how the girls he so brashly cast aside felt. Being ignored and not taken seriously was foreign to him, and he hated the feeling.

"Why the fuck should I care? We aren't dating, not even close. So fuck who you want." You replied before you laughed slightly and finished off by saying, "Just get tested after." You giggled like a 13-year-old who just heard a dirty joke.

That was the final straw. "You know what," Eren couldn't contain his anger at your indifference, he was determined to get any emotion out of you. "You're not even fun to fuck with any more. You have absolutely zero personality, and your looks can only carry you for so long. You act like you're so cool and unbothered when really, you have nothing to contribute, and you're just a boring bitch." He spat out at you, his words laced with malice and resentment.