Portia slightly poked her daughter with her elbow to respond. "Ah yes, thank you for the invitation. I would be honored to attend," Penelope felt a little embarassed with the way the handsome man in front of her looked at her. She didn't want to assume anything but she felt that he could be interested in her.

Portia smiled and felt that her plan was working."Being a host of such a grandure event, are you a jocky yourself?" Penelope asked politely.

"He is a very good rider indeed, and may be the best, " a familiar voice complimented the man. Penelope's heart quickly raced as she recognized who it was, Colin. They had finally meet.

"Bridgerton."

"Debling,"Colin smiled then looked over to Portia and Penelope,"Mrs Featherington, Miss Featherington." Colin stared at Penelope for some time, she had become beautiful in his eyes. Her dress showed her shape well, her hair out of her face showing her beauty was stunning.

"Debling is a rival of mine in the arena, and I'd say I'm glad that he is," Colin broke eye contact with Penelope and smiled over to Debling.

"You're too kind Bridgerton," Debling said humbledly.

She looked over to see Colin, just a few feet away from them. He was much more handsome up close than when she saw him from afar at the alter. He seemed so much taller and and fit than Penelope expected.

"Mrs. Featherington it is lovely to see you again " he acknowledged. Portia tried not to frown but she did not like Colin Bridgerton, not one bit. She thought of him as someone who never stayed in one place for too long, always traveling and galvanting who knows where.

"Mr. Bridgerton," was all she could say. "Miss Featherington if I may ask you for a dance?" He looked over at Penelope but Portia stepped in quickly,"How sweet young man of course." Portia grabbed Colin by the hand and away to the dance floor for a waltz. Penelope internally laughed. And so did Debling as he chuckled lightly.

Debling politely, "Now that does sound like a good idea, does it not? Would you Miss Feathrington join me for a dance,"he asked offering hand hoping she would take it.

"Why thank you, I would be happy to," she blushed, leaving her studded purse at the nearest table and taking the gentleman's hand.

-

Colin was surprised to be dancing with Portia and somewhat disappointed for he was trying to approach Penelope cooly.

"Mr. Bridgerton, it is not polite to interfere conversation, is it not?" Portia frowned deeply at Colin as he danced with her on the dancefloor. "I apologize Mrs. Feathrington-"

"I would also like you to stay away from Penelope for she is with good company," she said rather bluntly. Colin looked over at her unsure what she had meant, and as soon as the dance was over, Portia walked away.

-

Penelope noticed Debling was kind to her for no other man other than Colin, did not usually interact with her at any event if it had nothing to do with work related matters.

"Your mother tells me you are an author, are you not?" He asked with interest. "Yes, I also own a publishing company called Whistledown Industries," she replied then she was twirled by Debling a few times before he spoke again. "Impressive, I'd like to read one of your books some day," he gestured a smile, "I enjoy reading during my quiet restful moments."

"I too am an advent reader, maybe I can recommend a few," she smiled.

"I would take that offer."

After the dance, he kissed her hand," I most certainly enjoyed your company Miss Featherington, I look forward to seing you in the future." Debling walked off to join another group as Eloise ran up to her.

"Who was that?" Eloise smiled.

"That is Mr. Debling," she sighed happily.

"Oh I see," Eloise smirked, seeing her best friend in awe. "What was his offer for a contract or go forth with a buisiness proposal?"

"He didn't mention either. I'm not disappointed but we just talked. I don't see what Mama was getting at," Penelope slightly confused.

Eloise tried to think whatever reason Portia was keen on her daughter meeting him as well but nothing came to mind. "At least you showed up to both ceramony and the party I guess you're free to go, oh! Did Colin get a chance to talk to you," she asked.

"No, Mama actually whisked him away so I can discuss 'business' with Mr. Debling," Penelope smiled with relief.

Penelope got her purse as Eloise followed. "That's the best of luck for you tonight,"Eloise said cheekly. "I suppose, I hope you don't mind but I think I've had enough fun for today want to join me at my flat and lounge?"

"Sure let me grab my stuff, I'll meet you in the lobby!"

-

Modern Debling

Penelope Featherington's Dress for the Reception

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

Penelope Featherington's Dress for the Reception

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।
5 Missed Callsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें