☁︎i͎v͎.s͎o͎o͎m͎p͎i͎

Forecast: Love Named Most Successful Kpop Debut Of All Time By Rolling Stone

June 20th, 2023  by K.J

On June 19th, 2023, cloud9's Forecast: Love was titled the most successful kpop debut of all time by Rolling Stone.

So let's take a look at the many achievements of this album.

Even before their debut, the group broke records with their debut album recording 578,000 preorders making it the most preordered debut album and this was something that shocked many as it was just a single album and not even an mini or full album.

Then it also broke records for the highest first week sales of a girl group debut album having sold over 650,000 copies and it still hold that record.

The lead single of the album Magnetic took the title of the the most streamed debut song on its first day with 2.5 million streams and the song also became the fastest 4th/5th gen song to surpass 100 million streams in just 22 days and it currently still holds that title.

On Spotify, they also became the fastest Kpop group to surpass 10 million monthly listeners in just 12 days and they still hold the record.

Magnetic also debuted at number one on Circle Chart and stayed on the chart 10 weeks at number one making it the song with the second longest weeks charting at number one on the chart.

Magnetic also hit number one on all major Korean charts giving it a Perfect-All-Kill in 9 days making them the 2nd girl group in history to achieve this with a debut song.

The music video for Magnetic accumulated 30.5 million views on its first day making it the most viewed kpop debut music video in 24 hours and it still holds the recording. It also became the fastest debut mv to surpass 100 million views in just 10 days.

For Music Show Wins, Magnetic received 10 making it the song with the 6th highest music show wins in history.

Magnetic reached its peak when it debuted at number 60 on the Billboard Hot 100 exactly a month after their debut making it the highest charting kpop debut song and making cloud9 the fastest kpop artists to debut on the chart.

With all these achievements and many more, Forecast: Love is undoubtedly the most successful kpop debut of all time.

Source(1)(2)

username-no cause why was their debut actually insane??? and to think people were saying they would flop is really funny lol

username
-no cause why was their debut actually insane??? and to think people were saying they would flop is really funny lol

username
-Rolling Stone is definitely right about this because their debut is honestly one of the best as it rightly should be.

username
-i'm so happy and proud of them!