09; Calm before the storm

🌿🐾🌲

🌿🐾🌲

The last thing Thalia remembered was falling asleep in Delphi's bed, with some candles flickering in the distance and the slow pace of the grounders hands working. It create a peaceful environment, and she finally dozed off, snuggled into the comfort of the warm animal furs.

When she woke up, she woke up on the hard ground, uncomfortably leaning against a tree. Her neck hurt from the awkward position and she muttered a string of curses as she stood up. She lifted her shirt, raising her eyebrows at the work Delphi had put in yesterday. The wound was still raw, but looked to be less inflamed.

"Thalia?" She heard a gasp before a body almost tackled her to the ground. She recognised her best friends embrace, the girl hugging her like there would be no tomorrow. "You were missing."

"I went for a walk. I fell asleep." Thalia said, smiling into Ravens hair.

Raven pulled back, eyes scanning over every inch of Thalia's body in a protective manner. "Okay, good everything intact. I'm so glad you didn't get hurt." She mumbled before pulling Thalia into another hug.

"How's everyone? Last I remembered they were all high on nuts."

Raven laughed and the two started to walk back to camp. "Let's just say that no one's high anymore. Ooh! And also, Clarke and Bellamy came back with like a lot of rifles."

"You sound way too excited about that. Is Explos-Raven making a comeback?"

"Oh, you know me too well, Thals." Raven countered before a smirk made its way onto her face. "Clarke was so worried when she noticed you were gone. She would've sent a search party out for you before I convinced her you couldn't have gotten too far. Looks like I was right."

Thalia rolled her eyes. "She was worried because I'm her patient."

"Sure, lover girl." Cackled Raven placing her arm over the girls shoulder, pulling Thalia into camp.

🌿🐾🌲

Raven had somehow set up a screen which was transmitting from the Ark, where Jaha's annoying voice was speaking from.

"My friends, this is a historic Unity Day. Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form the Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground."

"Right. After we did all the work. Someone shut him up." Miller said loudly, causing a few delinquents to snicker.

"You shut up, Miller." Responded Raven. "No one's forcing you to watch."

"For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth."

Thalia made her way over to Finn, whose eyes immediately lit up when he saw her.