11. End of Singularity 1

(Ritsuka fujimaru pov)

"Master, I know she's our enemy, but you're bullying her," Tamamo admonished me.

Seeing their serious faces, I realized I should take it easy. They were weak servants. The mastermind didn't think I was strong, so he made sure to keep weak servants.

So, that demon lord underestimated me. Fine, that's good then. It's funny to think that the Beast I, the evil of humanity, forgot this moral code: you should never underestimate your opponent.

This will become his downfall.

He had some guts to think like this for a mass murder. Even the idiot Eren Yeager didn't do mistakes like you when facing enemies.

I canceled my dragon shadow soldiers. Everyone was surprised to see this.

"I'm just kidding. I won't bully anyone. My friends are enough to take care of you, lady," I said.

"You bastard, I will burn you," Jeanne Alter said angrily.

Jeanne stepped in front of me and addressed her evil version.

"Are you really me? I don't understand why you would destroy France? I can't even imagine it! I ask you again. Are you really 'me'?" Jeanne questioned.

"I'm shocked! I didn't think you were this slow. This country betrayed me and spat on me. That's why I'm destroying it. Even a child would understand it's what's normal, right? I will remake France into a country of nothing but silent corpses. That's who I am. The salvation of the new Jeanne d'Arc," Jeanne Alter declared with a sadistic smile. "Now then, question time's over. Die here, country girl. And take those rats along with you."

Hearing Jeanne Alter's words made Jeanne realize her doubts. She remembered Elizabeth and Marie's words when they talked with her after meeting them.

"Saint Jeanne, I feel very lucky to fight alongside you. But I don't understand why you have a dark side servant. It's impossible because I hate 10% of France because they killed my children, so I have 10% hate in me. But you are not like me. You don't have any dark side or evil ideas in you. I think you should talk with your evil servant and understand her and make a decision," Jeanne remembered Marie's words.

"Saint, talk with your evil servant and say what you want to say," Jeanne remembered Elizabeth's words.

"I see, I understand now. I feel as though I'm really blessed. I'm quite thankful to meet wonderful people. And thanks to that, I'm certain about a few things," Jeanne said.

"What?" Jeanne Alter asked.

"I thought to defeat you, but I didn't know what emotions I should face you with," Jeanne explained.

"How weak-" Jeanne Alter's words were interpreted by Jeanne again.

"But I know now. I'm me, and you are you," Jeanne declared.

"What nonsense, I'm real-" Jeanne Alter's words were interpreted by Jeanne again.

"Dragon Witch, La Charité. That town where you attacked now. Do you know who it was that you tried to kill there?" Jeanne asked, her voice tinged with emotion as she remembered her mother whom she had met a few hours back.