CHAPTER TWENTY-SIX

Start from the beginning

   Now, here they were. Eleven days later, dating, with a hatty.

   "Juraj! Baby, you did so good!" Emília threw her arms around his neck, having to jump up because of the skates he had on his feet that enhanced they height difference. His hand rested in the small of her back, laying his head on hers, even with his helmet on, "I'm so proud of you." She whispered.

   "Hi, Millie! So nice to see you again!" Arber exclaimed, coming down the tunnel, smirking with Kaiden at his side.

   "Hey, Arber! Good to see you too. Wish I could say the same for you, Kaiden." She side eyed. It was an ongoing joke in their Instagram that they hated each other. More so that the girl just didn't like Kaiden. He knew it was sarcastic. At least she hoped he knew.

   "Yeah, Emília," Kaiden simply stated, his face blank with the slightest smirk on his lips, "We're going to celebrate. You wanna come?"

   "I'd love to come," She looked over at Juraj, whose face was slightly red from the dirty joke she made, "But I have a lot of school work. I'll have to miss out."

   He leaned forward and whispered in her ear, "Oh, you'll come, alright."

   "I didn't want to hear that!" Alex Newhook shouted as he walked by the couple at the wrong time, "I really didn't want to hear that!" Kaiden and Arber just gazed at him, their faces laced with confusion.

   "Did you say something?" Arber asked.

   "You do not want to know!" Alex shouted from the locker room.

   "How did he hear you?"

   "I hear everything!"

   The couple just laughed, still holding each other, "Well, you go celebrate, big boy. Have some fun." She gently patted his chest as he ruffled her dark hair, making her slap away his hand.

   "Should I drive you home, love?" He asked.

   "Yeah, sure." She answered. He grabbed her smaller hand in his, rubbing his thumb over her knuckles lovingly. The small action made her hide her face, which was now covered by a layer of pink blush.

   With Juraj, she felt like a little girl with a crush on the next-door neighbor, even though they never were neighbors. Every time she was with him, she was weak at the knees for the boy in front of her. He took charge and took the lead for her, taking her everywhere with him, never allowing her to feel alone.

   Except for when he went on longer road trips. He was scared each time he left her. What if she hurt herself again. It pained him to say again, but it happened, and he does. She can tell him she's okay, but that doesn't always have to he true.

   "Play some music?" He asked, handing Emília his phone.

   "Yes, please." She smiled, taking it from him. She decided to play Paris, Texas by Lana del Rey. Before she placed the boy's phone into its designated place in the cup holder next to the driver's seat, a message lit up his phone.

 Before she placed the boy's phone into its designated place in the cup holder next to the driver's seat, a message lit up his phone