Chapter - 8💌

"Aghhhh....!!!! So you know yesterday my father called me yesterday and this is the first time in 6 months he called me but not for me.... He called me because my teacher told him that this time I didn't got the first postion only.... 'a girl' also got the position.. then he said that they are wasting money on me.... I'm just a failure..... studying for 16 hours a day is not enough for my parents you know....."

Ved quickly hugs him and patted his back.

"Bro I understood your pain---"

"NOOO..!!!! nobody understood my pain ever... infact you won't understand it untill the same situation happen with you... Your
parents are not rude with you...."

Ved couldn't speak as Neil was right in his logic.

"Yes bro I know I can never feel the feeling but at least you can--"

Suddenly a sound came from the door. Both of them looks at the direction and saw.......

Shalini was wiping her tears...

~Shalini's inner voice~

He is doing so much work just to make his parents happy... but his parents doesn't treat him good..... if this continues then.... soon he
will fall sick...... I can't see him like this..  I never imagined his life
like this.... I thought he is just a rich spoil brat.... but

"What are you doing here??" Neil asked furiously.

"I was just---"

"You don't have any manners.....!!!!! You hear others talk without their permission..... You're a mannerless girl"

Shalini eyes filled with tears.

"Bro don't tell her like that.... You don't ha--"

"Just stop....!!!!! Please leave me aloneeee....!!!!"

Neil leaves the place with tears.

"No wait Neil, stop..!!!!"

Shalini tried to stop him but he left.

"Hey guysss....!!!!!!" Reet came and said.

Ved and Shalini looked at her with worried eyes.

"Is anything wrong.....??" Reet's expression changed

"Actually it's all my fault yar...!! I shouldn't have listen to your conversation secretly.... I didn't imagine that Neil's life is like this...
and I should respect his privacy....now he is upset because I heard his personal things...." Shalini said by looking down.

"I totally understand Neil's feelings but that doesn't mean he will misbehave with you.... he has no right "

Reet hugs Shalini.

"Don't worry.. Shal.. Ved is there.. He will handle everything "

"Hopefully" Shalini replied with a sigh

Ved went to Neil and couldn't find him anywhere.

"Where he can now???" Ved asked himself.

Suddenly he remembered a place where Neil used to sit and write and spend time.  He went there and found him crying.

"Bro....."

Neil looked at him with teary eyes.

Ved hugs him.

"Bro why are you crying yar?? She will not tell anyone"

"It's not about telling... I don't want anyone to know about my family things... they will simply think I want attention... then they will tell the teacher and my parents...."

"No body will tell anything... Believe me..!!!!"

"Hmmm" Neil replied.

"Now let's goo....!!!!!!!"

"I want to go--"

Suddenly his inner voice said...

If I go home now..... teacher will question about it..and my parents will again get involved and they will scold me for skipping school.. it's better if I stay in school......

"Yes tell"

"Nothing let's goo.."

Ved and Neil went into their class. As soon as they entered the class Shalini stood up.

"Hii......"

Neil ignored him and went to his seat.

Ved signals her he's alright.

Shalini smiles.

~SHALINI'S INNER VOICE~

I'll never tell anyone about this Neil.... I'll keep this as a secret... infact my respect towards you grew more.... You're taking care of your studies and will do great.... I trust you.....

                      ~623 WORDS~

Vote this story to know about it!!

Add it in your library or reading list ❤

Lot's of love from Author jii❤