Chapter 24

"Oh my God Chloe," I laughed as I playfully hit her shoulder, "is that really what you're thinking about right now?"

She shrugged before she gave me a quick kiss on the lips and settled in next to me on the inside of the couch.

"I mean, that did make me work up an appetite," she said with a smirk.

"I'm sure it did," I responded as I reached behind me and grabbed Chloe's phone off of the table.

I held it out in front of her and she grinned and grabbed it out of my hand.

"Order us some damn food," I teased her.

I wrapped my arms around her waist and watched as she scrolled through her phone. She reached over top of me and set it back on the table a few minutes later.

"Should be here in about twenty minutes," she said.

"Good," I nodded, "I am pretty hungry."

"See??" Chloe said, "I'm not the only one."

"Yeah, yeah, yeah," I grinned, "I could definitely go for some food, I'll admit it."

"Exactly, I obviously have your best interests at heart," Chloe said as she draped her arms around my neck.

"Mhm," I said as I gently kissed her lips, "something like that."

Chloe watched me as I began to lightly trace over the small tattoos on her arm. She only had a few, but I had barely noticed them before.

"What does this one mean?" I asked her as I ran my fingers over the script on the outside of her wrist.

"Fata viam invenient," she said as she turned her arm to the side, "it means the fates will find a way in Latin."

"Hm, I like that," I said as I felt my eyelids growing heavy.

"Well I'm glad you approve, but don't fall asleep on me just yet," Chloe said, "our food is going to be here soon."

I widened my eyes, trying to keep myself awake as Chloe grinned at me.

"Okay, I have to get up or I'm definitely going to fall asleep," I said as I slowly sat up, "where's your bathroom at?"

"It's down the hall behind you, first door on your left," she said as she stretched out on the couch.

I grabbed my shirt off of the floor and walked in the direction that Chloe had pointed me.

I went to the bathroom and sleepily pulled my shirt on over my head. It was long enough to cover everything it needed to, this would do.

I freshened up in the mirror, still trying to wake myself up before I went back out to the living room.

I walked out to find Chloe standing at the front door grabbing our food from the delivery driver. I noticed that she was wrapped in the blanket off of the back of the couch that was barely covering her as I walked over.

I came over to take the food from her and set it on the table so she could sign the receipt, and I realized that the person standing in the doorway was a younger looking boy. He couldn't have been more than nineteen or twenty years old.

I looked from Chloe's barely covered body over to his eyes that were enjoying the show a little too much. I thought I was going to have to hand him a napkin to wipe up the drool from his mouth, and she was completely oblivious.

"Chloe, come over here," I said to her quietly.

"Hm?" She asked as she looked up at me.

I stepped in front of her, pulling my shirt down as far as I could as I guided her behind the partially open door.

"What's wrong?" She whispered to me.

"Just give me the receipt when you're done," I said as I held out my hand.

She finished signing it and handed it to me as I turned back to the driver standing in front of us. I could tell that his eyes were searching for another glimpse of Chloe, and I snapped my fingers in his direction to break him out of his trance.

"Hey, buddy," I said, "here you go, thanks."

"Oh, yeah um, thanks, bye," he said awkwardly.

He tried to sneak one more glance behind the door before he turned and walked back to his car.

I shut the door behind him and turned to face Chloe.

"What was that about?" She asked me with a confused look on her face.

"Did you not see the poor delivery boy drooling over you?" I asked as I raised my eyebrows at her, "that blanket isn't exactly covering much."

I grinned at her as she looked down at the blanket that she was holding around her.

"Oh, oops," she said with a shrug, "I didn't even notice."

"Yeah I could tell," I said, "surprised he wasn't trying to hide his hard-on with the way he was looking at you."

"Oh whatever," Chloe said with a laugh as she walked towards the table, "it wasn't that bad."

"You just keep telling yourself that," I said as I glanced over at her.

She shrugged again as we both sat down and began to sort through the food we'd ordered.

"Are you really going to sit here with just that blanket on for the rest of the night?" I asked her.

She paused what she was doing and looked up at me.

"Why wouldn't I?" She asked as she gave me a questioning look.

"Because - okay well I'm just not going to be able to look at you all night then," I responded as I jokingly put my hand up to shield my eyes.

"Ohh right," Chloe nodded, "I see what you mean."

I glanced up at her and saw her looking over at the shirt I was wearing.

"Do you really think you're any less tempting over there with a shirt that barely covers your ass?" She asked.

"Well when you put it that way..." I started.

"Uh huh, exactly," she said with a grin, "and I don't see the problem anyway, it's not like we have anything else to do."

The mischievous look that I was becoming very familiar with crept back over Chloe's face as I smiled at her.

"Fair point I guess," I told her, "except I am going to eat this food before I starve."

"I'll allow it," Chloe said with a smirk.

"Wow, thank you for that," I said sarcastically, "I appreciate it."

"Any time," she responded.

We ate our dinner as we both sat there with very minimal clothing on, and I tried not to stare at Chloe's body too much. It was no easy task, it was damn near perfect.

"You can stay here tonight," Chloe said to me as we were cleaning up dinner, "if you want to I mean."

"I suppose I can do that," I grinned.

"Good, I was hoping you'd say that," she responded as she walked behind me and playfully slapped my ass.

                ———————————————