12

ARIA

Charlie and I take a seat waiting for his mom, Nicole to finish up dinner.

"Heres your dinner you two," she smiles bringing over plates of burgers, fries and a small bowl of fruit.

"Thanks Nicole," I say grabbing the burger and digging in,

"Thanks mom. You're the best," I hear Charlie say as I chew my food. We both finish eating in matters of minutes, Charlie then takes the plate in front of me and brings it to the sink placing it in with his plate, I take a bite of watermelon as I watch him walk back. He looks at his phone than back at me.

"The flight is at 9," he says showing me his phone,

"I know," I laugh.

"So its 5 right now, so we should leave around 7 and head to the airport," Charlie insist,

"Okay," I giggled comparing Charlie to every average airport dad.

"I'm tired again. I want a nap," Charlie yawns, making me smile while getting up and putting the bowl in the sink as I see Charlie getting up as we both head up to his room. I let out a giggle as he plopped on the bed like a starfish,

"Lay down with me," he begs, as I walk over and lay down as he turns onto his back and starts to cuddle me.

———

I hear Charlie getting up as I finish up my hair as Charlie places a peck on my head putting his arms around me.

"I'll be ready in 10 minutes," he promises, "take your time," he adds grabbing clothes and walking into the washroom and as he said he was out in 10 minutes. "Let's go," insisted Charlie as I got up from his bed,

"Should I wear my puffer too?" I uttered seeing he was wearing his.

"Of course. But we all know I'm gonna wear it better," he jokes while I grab my North Face puffer and walking down stairs to his car with him holding my hand. By routine I starting playing Taylor Swift again, I hear Charlie chuckle as King Of My Heart- Taylor Swift starts to play.

"What's so funny," I ask my brows furrowing,

"Nothing," he shakes his head, "just... thinking about how, because of you I'm kinda a... a you know."

"Swiftie?" I answer as I see him nod while I look back down at my book, Percy Jackson And The Lightning Thief. I let out a soft laugh as as memory from when I was 10 reading it for the first time came back to me. "I just remembered that Luke was my first ever book crush,"I point out.

"What?" he says looking over at me confused as he was paying attention to the road and not my words, as I repeat my words I get a, "wait actually?"

"Yea. Luke was my first book crush, I mean 10 year old me was obsessed," I grin looking at him laugh,

"I mean now you have your very own Luke," he says pointing to himself,

"Yea I do and he's way better than book Luke," I smile as I turn back to my book leaving Charlie alone with his thoughts until we arrived as he shakes my shoulder. Getting out the car and quickly opening my door for me, "Thanks," I mumble as I get out groaning as my legs were sore from sitting for so long. Charlie finds a cart to put our bags while I put on his hoodie as the wind gushes by leaving my arms with goosebumps.

"You excited to get back to the big apple?" Charlie asks laughing as we wait for my matcha latte and his iced coffee, which we definitely deserved after waiting an eternity in line for the check in and security.