4 | 25 | I Literally Did Nothing to You, Kinda

"She didn't need money or eternal glory"

"I was so worried, my dear! Getting separated in an event like that-" Narcissa Malfoy shook her head in despair

She continued. "Who knows who I can rely on besides my very own to shield such a valued young lady?" She patted Draco's cheek. "From what I've heard, those tyrants can't even protect their own."

Lisa let out a small breath. Mrs. Malfoy wasn't judging Lisa for who she was with, she was scared they weren't good enough to defend her from an attack.

Harry was ready to defend her from anything, it seemed. Lisa pushed away those thoughts and smiled at Draco's mother.

"He helped me up when I got trampled, and led me to the forest. I couldn't see anyone through that big crowd." She shuddered. It was horrendous and scary.

A look of guilt might have flashed past the older woman's eyes, but it was gone in an instant. She sent everyone to bed as they were being made to sleep in the guest rooms to avoid anymore travelling and hassle for the night.

Lisa found herself writing to Harry as soon as she found the time. She wanted to make sure he was okay.

When she was finished, she sent it off and slept late into the next morning. A letter was already sitting on her windowsill.

~

It was hard to forget about the riot, but Lisa pushed past it as she waved goodbye to her best friends' parents. They were boarding the Hogwarts Express.

Already the year was starting on a strange note, but Lisa was determined to win the House Cup, become top of her class, and impress everyone with her wand skills. Maybe she would even find a fun little date.

She was following Daphne in the train when she felt a tug on her arm, and she looked over to see Harry Potter sitting alone in a compartment.

"Where is Weasel and Granger?" She automatically asked. If Harry was somewhere, they were following like little puppies.

"Saying her goodbyes, Hermione, and Ron is trying to track down that trolley." He smiled. "It's just us at the moment."

Lisa flushed. "I'm sitting with my friends. I'm sure they would love you to join!" She chuckled. Both of them knew better.

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened, after you and Malfoy left," he said quietly. "And I was wondering if you recognized a figure anywhere? The man that cast that spell?"

Lisa tried hard to think. All she could remember was the look on Draco's face when that thing was in the air, but they never talked about it. She could tell the Malfoy's were hiding something and she wanted to be included. But no, she couldn't remember who the figure was. "No luck."

He nodded and they were silent for a few moments, both thinking of what to say. They each opened their mouths to talk but right then, Granger appeared.