Jacket

Tara woke up that morning groggy. Her legs ached with fatigue as she was abruptly awoken by her 6am alarm. She leaned up and slowly massaged the tender muscles in her leg glancing at the dark room around her, no light was seeping into her room as the sun had not yet risen. Glancing around he blue tinted room she saw the silhouette of Benji's jacket neatly folded on her desk chair, reminding her she had to return it to him. She sluggishly rubbed her eyes dreading the fact that she was getting up at so early. Maybe she should have went to college, the thought briefly surfacing in her mind as went through the motions of her morning routine, as if on autopilot, nah I've got some of my closest friends at sixth form.

As she idly walked over to the bathroom, each step felt like agony as complete each movement, one step, two step, three step, four. As she placed her foot down she felt her knee begin to give way, the motion feeling slowed as her leg collapsed onto itself, the weight rushing to the floor. She groaned as her unprotected skin slammed into the hard wood panelled floor, putting out her hands infrount instinctively. She lay there a second unbothered in getting up, she was too tired and just smacked the shit out of her knee. She rolled onto her back, examining her wrist, it hurt more than before, she rolled it, feeling its brief pain. It was bearable and nothing against her aching leg muscles. She hissed as she stood, her legs threatening to buckle again and carried on with her morning with a grazed knee, aching muscles and a worsened wrist.

Tara was especially thankful for Mollies investment in a drivers licence and car. She waddled over to the car her bag slung over her shoulder, grunting as she sat pulled her self into the back seat. Slumping in her chair she scrolled through her phone as she waited for mollie to exit the house. Minutes later she came strutting out the house before quickly locking up then climbing into the drivers seat. Her shiny hair was down, Tara had always been jealous of its natural straightness unlike Tara curls that took hours of time and excess amount of product to maintain its clean curls. But one spay of water and her hair would be puffing up unruly in its frizz.

"Sitting in the back today?" Mollie asked curiously through glossy painted lips.
"Yeah, my spots pretty much been but overtaken by Shayla." She murmured. Mollie turned around, looking at her slumped sister. The girl was dressed how she usually was in her pretty light makeup, clothes in a casual white long sleeve top and bootcut jeans, but her usual cheerfulness was absent.

"What's up? You still upset about what ever happened yesterday?" She asked, her brows furrowed and eyes serious.
"No that's all sorted, I'm just dying, I worked out yesterday and my legs are killing so bad. I'm just dreading the day a head... all that moving."
Mollie rolled her eyes and turned to face the front starting the car. "God you're so dramatic," she laughed driving out of the drive way.

"So what happened yesterday?" She asked glancing into the rear mirror at Tara as she drove out of their street
"Well me and James got in an argument about something but it's all sorted, doesn't matter anymore." Tara explained briefly, not wanted to get to much into the argument she had already spent to much time and energy reminiscing on.
"You and James in an argument?" She repeated supprised. Tara had been too tired to inform Mollie of her recent dispute after it happened and mollie too busy, so she was left completely out of the known. Usually though, if something had happened, mollie would be the  first one to know, even when she didn't really care to know. "What happened, I don't think I've ever even seen you argue over anything."
"I know," Tara replied, as they pulled into Shayla's street, "it was really weird, I mean if I had to say, he's probably my best friend, like we share so many interest and have the same humour and opinions on stuff, but on Saturday he became like really over protective and stuff and it really annoyed me." At this moment in time Shayla had made her way to the car, she was wearing a cute short white dress and a thick woollen cardigan, her slim neck decorated with layers of silver necklaces and her rectangular glasses perched low on her nose.