Let The Right Ones In

This was a suicide mission.

Once Hyun-Su explained where they were headed and what he had faced trying to get there in the first place, Ae-Cha knew how hard it was going to be travelling from the ground floor all the way there.

She stood by Hyun-Su as they walked to the doors that lead to the stairs with Eun-Hyuk. Surprisingly, someone was already there. Pyeon Sang-Wook. Ae-Cha had forgotten he was even in the building after she let him go. He stood in front of the blocked doors that were guarded by one of the residents, Seung-Wan.

"Move." He demanded, the man began to fumble his words in fear of the scarred giant.

"I – no, you can't.."

"Open it." Eun-Hyuk said as he approached, he knew that it would be impossible to stop Sang-Wook from whatever he was doing. So he decided to slightly use him instead, he could easily monitor the state that Hyun-Su and Ae-Cha were in as they travelled to 1408.

"Are you sure this is okay?" Seung-Wan asked him quietly, only trusting the words of his leader.

"No, but I don't think we can stop him." He said honestly. He stood and watched as Sang-Wook approached the door, pulling away the tables, cabinets, storage cupboards, everything that blocked the doors, with ease.

He pulled the weak chains off the door before pulling it open, not even breaking a sweat. Hyun-Su and Ae-Cha sighed, knowing they had to go in. They began walking towards the door when Ae-Cha noticed Hyun-Su stop in place, she looked over to see Eun-Hyuk grabbing his shoulder. He leaned closer and whispered something to him, something Ae-Cha couldn't hear, since she had an earphone in the ear closest to them. That was a trick she learnt from Hyun-Su, if you put your phone on an emergency call, it will begin to make a high pitched ringing when a monster is nearby.

She saw Hyun-Su's eyes slightly widening in shock and could only wonder what he said to him. It was obviously not good, but she wondered how bad it could be to get Hyun-Su to look like that. She didn't have much time to think when she saw Hyun-Su pass her. She turned and began following him, when she heard a voice behind her.

"Be careful."

She turned around and smiled at Eun-Hyuk. "You too, don't go dying in some really shitty way until I get back." She said, earning a chuckle from him. "I'll do my best." He replied, before she could say anything else, she heard Hyun-Su calling for her.

"Ae-Cha! You coming?" He said, she realised that she had been standing there for a while and quickly rushed up the stairs to join him. "Sorry, I got distracted." She said, slightly bowing to apologise.

"Why are you smiling so much?" He asked, she hadn't even realised that she had a massive grin plastered on her face. She took a minute to try and stop herself, which took a lot of attempts.

"No reason, let's go." She said, quickly following Sang-Wook up the stairs.

After a few steps, Ae-Cha remembered Eun-Hyuk whispering to Hyun-Su, she wanted to know what he said. But she wasn't one hundred percent sure that Hyun-Su would tell her, it was a strange hunch that she had. But she had to know.

"What did he tell you?"

"Huh?" He said, looking over at her.

"Eun-Hyuk, when he whispered to you, what did he say?" She asked. Hyun-Su had a moment of hesitation, like he wanted to tell her, but he frowned and shook his head.

"I don't think you want to know."

Now that was a strange reply.

"Why not?" She asked, more intrigued than ever to know what he said.