Chapter 9: Lesson on StarCraft

"Hello Kurobe. I hope I am not intruding"

A red-haired Kijin, whom I remembered to be Benimaru, spoke to Kurobe, though his eyes were still directed at myself.

Inspecting his face, posture, tone, eyes, and SOUL, I came to the conclusion that he was cautious of me.

Hmm. I do not recall anything except the duel with Kurobe which could mark me as potentially dangerous. Or does he think I am a spy?

Though the latter is unlikely the case, since he decided to confront me rather than watch me covertly from the sidelines.

I skimmed through the possible causes of his suspicion, to arrive at the most probable cause. It could be that he could not sense me as I teleported to Rimuru, as I had sealed my Aura in my body perfectly, or that his instincts told him that I was dangerous.

Either way, he does not seem to hold a violent stand yet, so I can let it pass. I would prefer if conflict is avoided.

I could tell he was agitated, but something seemed to hold him back. Looking deeper, I found that a skill, a Unique at that, was stabilizing his mentality to an extent, allowing him to remain calm.

Hmm. That would explain why he seems so controlled despite his soul possessing such a fiery personality. I should take a look at that Unique Skill later. I didn't expect them to be this common in this era. I wonder what Guy is doing.

"Of course not. Though please do forgive me for this mess"

Kurobe looked around the shaken construction, the pillars barely hanging on.

"There is no need to, it is alright. Accidents may happen in forging so it's not that great of a deal"

"So, what can I help you with?"

"Nothing as of yet, thank you. I, along with Gabiru, just came here to take a look at the newcomer. We can wait for a while until you finish"

Benimaru's eyes diverted from me, and to Kurobe, for the first time he had entered the workshop, no matter how in shambles it seemed.

Hearing that, I turned to the blacksmith, who did so as well. I nodded, before turning to Benimaru and the Dragonewt, Gabiru. I was pleasantly surprised, after all, a new race such as this did interest me, having traces of my own essence, so I could, in a way, call them my descendants.

Heh. Never thought this day would ever come.

"I will not take too long, hope you can wait, child"

Their eyes widened for a bit, but nodded nonetheless. I had also noticed that Gobta had already reached Rimuru, so it wouldn't be long till his back.

Usually, I would have used 『Universal Sense』 to do that. However, I now had a new way of doing so, one I was eager to try, which I ended up using this time.

『Unique Skill: Watcher』, is one of the two Unique Skills I had accidentally acquired after my reincarnation. Born from my desire to watch over my daughter and brother, it was a fairly useful skill due to its ease of usage.

It sported 3 sub-skills in its arsenal, namely 『All of Creation』, 『Spatial Manipulation』 and 『Watcher of the Deep』.

The first, 'All of Creation' was nothing special, and my eyes and senses already gave me higher authority to comprehend any phenomenon that it did.

The second, 'Spatial Motion', was a lesser variation of my prior Authority over Space. However, it did not matter much since I had already advanced it to 『Spatial Domination』, which could even rival my prior authority in the manipulation of Space. Though, it was likely due to my comprehension of it, my connection to the Grand Spirit of Space, and maybe due to my tempering with it with my innate ability.