Rekindled Paths

Hi, I edited this chapter so there are some changes in plot at the end of the chapter. I edited bcs I wanted to make the story interesting and add some more moments in the story and the chapter before editing was a bit boring too. Soo..yea, enjoy hehe.

Lily took a step back, still holding Daniel's hand as she tried to process the incredible turn of events. Her heart was racing, her emotions a whirlwind of nostalgia, surprise, and disbelief. She wiped away a few tears and smiled warmly at Daniel, her eyes shining with genuine joy.

"I can't believe you're here," she said, her voice filled with amazement. "This is all so unexpected."

Daniel smiled back at her, the connection between them feeling strong despite the years of separation. "I know, it's a lot to take in, isn't it? But I'm so glad I found you, Lily."

Before Lily could respond, the door to the back room of the shop opened, and her best friend and coworker, Paul, walked in, carrying a large pot of freshly planted hydrangeas.

"Lily, could you—oh, hello there!" Paul paused mid-sentence as he noticed Daniel standing beside Lily. His usual cheerful demeanor kicked in as he gave them both a friendly wave. "Who's this handsome fellow?"

Lily laughed at Paul's playful introduction. "Paul, this is Daniel. An old friend from my childhood. Daniel, this is Paul, my best friend and the backbone of this shop."

Daniel extended his hand with a friendly smile. "Nice to meet you, Paul. Lily told me a bit about you."

Paul shook his hand enthusiastically. "Nice to meet you too, Daniel! It's not every day we get a blast from Lily's past walking through our doors." He gave Lily a teasing grin. "Well, it's about time you showed up! I've been hearing about you for ages."

Lily blushed slightly at Paul's teasing, but she didn't seem to mind. "Oh, stop it, Paul. I haven't mentioned him that much."

Paul raised an eyebrow playfully. "Oh, really? Not even when you were pining for your long-lost childhood friend in the middle of a busy workday?"

Lily blushed even more deeply and swatted Paul playfully on the arm. "I was not pining! You're exaggerating."

Paul laughed, enjoying the lighthearted banter with his friend. "Okay, okay! But seriously, Daniel, you have to tell me all the fun stories about Lily from when she was a kid. I need more blackmail material."

Daniel chuckled, glancing at Lily. "Well, there was this one time when Lily insisted on hiding in a treehouse for hours because she was convinced she had discovered a secret passage to another world. We spent the whole afternoon on that adventure."

Lily's eyes lit up with recognition. "Oh, I remember that! We were sure there was a magical realm up there. I was so determined to find it."

Paul leaned forward, intrigued. "That sounds just like our Lily. Always looking for magic and adventure where most people see the ordinary."

The three of them laughed together, the atmosphere warm and full of nostalgia. Lily felt a deep sense of contentment as she watched her past and present seamlessly intertwine. Having Daniel back in her life felt like a missing piece had been found.

Paul, sensing the need for some fun and lightheartedness, clapped his hands together. "All right, enough with the mushy stuff. We need a proper reunion celebration! How about dinner tonight? We can close up the shop a little early and go to that new bistro in town. My treat!"

Lily's face brightened at the suggestion. "That sounds perfect! What do you think, Daniel?"

Daniel nodded, smiling at the thought of spending more time with Lily and getting to know Paul better. "I'd love that. It'll be great to catch up properly."

"Great! It's settled then," Paul declared, his excitement evident. "I'll make a reservation for us, and we can head over once we're done here."

At one point, Paul brought up a story about Lily from their workdays. "You should have seen her the other day, Daniel. Lily was helping a customer pick out flowers for a wedding when she accidentally knocked over an entire display of roses. The customer was horrified, but Lily somehow managed to turn the whole situation around with her charm and a bit of humor. It was impressive!"

Lily chuckled, shaking her head. "I thought you were never going to let me live that down, Paul! It was an accident."

Daniel laughed along with them, enjoying the banter. "Sounds like Lily hasn't changed too much in that sense. Always quick on her feet and ready to make people smile."

The evening continued with more stories, laughter, and shared memories. The camaraderie between the three friends grew stronger as they spent time together. Lily's innocence and joy shone through in her stories and reactions, reminding Daniel of the girl he had once known.

The trio continued their conversation as they worked together to tidy up the shop and prepare for closing.

Paul made jokes and kept the mood light, bringing up funny moments from their time working together. Daniel listened, laughing along with them and enjoying the easy camaraderie.

As the shop's closing time approached, they locked up and made their way to the bistro.

.
.
.

During the meal, Lily shared her and Daniel's stories with Paul as they ate a huge hot pot in an old restaurant.

The evening was filled with laughter, delicious food, and stories from their lives. Lily's childlike wonder and openness made the evening even more enjoyable, as she shared her dreams and passions with Daniel.

After having the meal, the trio came out of the restaurant. "Oh, did you guys already exchange each other's number?"
Paul reminds.

"Oops, I almost forgot hehe. Thanks Paulie." she says as Daniel passes her his phone.

"I think, you should save your number on my phone too," Daniel says, now passing his phone to Pual. "here."

After Daniel slid his phone back in his jacket, Lily asked, "Where are you going to stay tonight?" to Daniel.

"In a hotel, why?"

"You already booked it?"

"No."

"Then you can stay at my place."

"...."

"What?!" She said getting impatient by the silence.

"It's ok Lily, I can just sleep in some hotel. It's not even far from here." He excused.

"Hey dude, if you don't want to sleep at her's, then you can come at mine. I won't bite." Daniel denies Paul's offer too, making Paul shrug at Lily.

"Whyy? You can meet grandma and grandpa too, it's been years and they both missed you. And we'll do so much fun, please."
She didn't want to bother him by making him sleep in some hotel. He came this far to meet her, so it would be so in appreciating of her if she can't even invite him to her house.

Daniel sighs and looks away, after seeing her puppy eyes. "Okay, I'll come."

<3