128

its_kur_05 stawverrytaee Izel317 TaeKookscoquette errorloading3 myfi_ction melvar26 trivia_0613 aizazkhan500

Thank you for following!<3

Are you sure you'll be fine at your home?'

Jimin raised his concern as Taehyung steadied himself on his bed and rolled his eyes at him, incredulous on how paranoid his best friend has become lately.

'Or Tae you could stay at my apartment so I can make sure you're okay I'll tell Bogum to bring th-'

'Jimin, breathe.' He stared at him.

'Taehyung you don't understand what-'

'I do understand what you're feeling Minie. But now I'm completely able to take care of myself. Otherwise do you think the doctor would let me go today?'

'But still it's not safe Tae.'

Jimin just couldn't understand why Taehyung was being stubborn right now.

'I'll be fi-"

'You're coming with me.'

Jungkook stated, arms crossed as he leaned on the door staring at Taehyung. He had been standing there for quite a while.

Taehyung's hazel eyes widen as he process what Jungkook said.

'Jungkook what are you even saying?' He sounded skeptical.

'I'd give you all the time of my life to argue with me Taehyung, but not today.'

There was something in Jungkook's tone that made Taehyung shut his mouth immediately. And when Taehyung refused to get up from the bed to leave with him, Jungkook found no other way.

He leaned in, wrapping his arms beneath Taehyung's dainty legs and hoisted him up in his arms. Taehyung panicked at first and froze because of the sudden manhandling. The anxiety kept on rising after every single beat of his heart till Taehyung forced himself to reel back to reality. It's just Jungkook. He thought and snuggled close to Jungkook's chest. And on his first breath he leaned in catching the familiar musky scent.

'You okay?'

Jungkook slightly tightened his arms around Taehyung just to be careful enough. And Taehyung was in a daze that he forgot he should form words. So he nodded his head a little as an affirmation.

That was all Jungkook needed as he walked out of the hospital room, Jimin closely behind one arm secured with Taehyung's luggage.

An apartment block came to view as Jungkook's black SUV revved down the pavement. Taehyung's eyes roamed around as it was his first time ever at Jungkook's apartment. And he is fidgety, but he doesn't know why. Jungkook killed the engine and swiftly walked forward to unlock the door. The passenger door opened just then and Taehyung meekly got out suddenly pale and unsteady, alarming Jungkook. In a whiff Taehyung's legs were off the ground and in Jungkook's arms.

Taehyung aligned his trembling fingers straight over Jungkook's chest and smiled, feeling the intense palpitations beneath them.

'Kook, I'm tired.'

He whispered. And then Taehyung let his gaurd down. He had finally reached home.

[TIME SKIP]

Taehyung POV

The pitch black walls around me as I found myself in the midst of unknown void.
No one at sight.
I am alone.
I don't want to be alone. No.
Hands. Bloody hands crawling towards me. Around my neck. I can't breathe. I need to-

'Mmphh!'

Taehyung let out a heartbreaking cry as he woke up from his nightmare. His hands swiftly went to his neck, on the blaring hickey he found so hideous. Tears gushed out of his erratic eyes and a thin layer of sweat grazed his forehead. Taehyung's hands itched to peel off the skin on his neck, fingernails cutting deep into his neck.

'Hyung?!'

Jungkook barged into the room and the sight alarmed him.

'Hyung no!'

Jungkook literally threw himself on the bed when he saw Taehyung harming himself. But something inside him broke when Taehyung cried and crawled further behind. Taehyung clutched the bloodstained fingers over the bedsheets for dear life, tears threatening to fall over.

'D-don't come near me!' He cried.

'Please don't.'

So Jungkook moved out of the bed and kneeled on the floor, eyes darting to the bloody fingertips and over the neck.

'Hyung, it's me Jungkook.' His voice came out strangled.

'It's okay. You're safe now. I'm here hyung. No one will harm you.'

Jungkook reached out his arm to Taehyung and his eyes followed the familiar hands.

'Please hyung, let me take care of you.' Jungkook plead desperately.

Taehyung broke from his reverie as his blurry eyes focused on Jungkook. His hands went to his collar, pulling it over the bloodshot on his neck desperately covering it. He didn't want Jungkook, of all people to see it.

'It's late Jungkook, you should sleep.'

Taehyung's voice came out eerily steady. His whole demeanor suddenly became grim as if he isn't affected in any way. But his eyes, the eyes gave him away. Jungkook's eyes knitted together.

'Hyung-' He began.

'I'm fine Jungkook, you don't have to worry about me.' Taehyung's eyes darted back and forth, toes curling in. Jungkook realized, with a heartache.

'You know you don't have to be strong in front of me, off all people Taehyung. I deserve atleast that right?'

Taehyung's head shot up at the broken tone of Jungkook. No. He hurt Jungkook. How could he? Taehyung's eyes welled up, he could hold back anymore. He lept forward, arms tangled on Jungkook's shoulder and the palm of his tucked on the back of his head as they fell back together. He hid his face deep into the crook of Jungkook's neck and broke down. Shoulders shaking because of the intensity of his cries. Jungkook wrapped his arms around him tightly.

'Please don't hate me Kook.' Taehyung sobbed.

Jungkook's laid silent staring at the wall as his eyes welled up. Taehyung sounded so broken. Jungkook was capable of many things but this. The thought of the words Taehyung said so foreign to his ears. Was he capable of hating Taehyung? Hate and Taehyung didn't belong together in his world. Screw it, he don't know how to hate Taehyung. Because all his life, Taehyung was the antonym of hate to him. How could his love even think that he was capable enough to hate him?

'Not in this life, nor in the past and never in the future, Jeon Jungkook could bring himself to hate you Taehyung. I hope you know that.'

Taehyung eyes were stuck on Jungkook's face as Jungkook gently got up holding him in his arms.

'Sleep, Tae.' Jungkook mumbled as he laid Taehyung on the bed.

.
.
.
.
.

Jungkook pulled out the drawer of the bedside table searching for the antiseptic as he sighed. He gently applied the golden brown ointment in long streaks over Tae's neck. He slipped under the blankets and observed how peaceful Taehyung looks now. Jungkook watched Taehyung till his eyes reluctantly shut, as sleep took over him.

Author's Note

Sorry for the delay, my sem exams are around the corner. The chapter seems a bit rushed to me because I didn't get proper time to go through it. Please do let me know if I should make any improvements in the next chapter. Your opinion means the world.

With love,

Phian.