127

banana_milkuuu_ @Aestheticstories_330 NeerajGupta877
@Shoolini13 @sassyxxtae @Viditamahajan04 @AminaKhatun1
@KhalidSultan416 @199513jimin
@kookkkkkiiiiiieeee @MoeMoe393719
@TaehyungKim783855 @BandanaDas6

Thank you for following! <3

[FEW HOURS BEFORE]

Jungkook slumped beside Taehyung, welled up eyes stuck in a daze, fingers in a halt just above his love's face scared of what beholds him in the next fleeting seconds. Jungkook couldn't think, in his head a single name on repeat. And that solitary word turned every single bit of other word he knew senseless. And Jungkook didn't want to know anything else than what lay beneath those eyes, closed under the stars unaware of the moon gazing at him.

"Tae-"

Jungkook's chest ached. His voice broke as tears gushed out again.

No matter how much scared he felt to break the moment that seemed to him an illusion, his hopeless mind's play, he was willing to break his poor heart to a million pieces, if it meant he could hold his hyung once again. So he did, despite all the times his mind placed Taehyung in his reach yet took him away in a whiff Jungkook took the leap that seemed to him nothing less than pure agony.

Jungkook slid his palm into Taehyung's, eyes shut and he waited. Waited for his heart to break.

Warmth.

Seeping through his fingers, he felt warmth. Warmth of Taehyung's hand.

And Jungkook breathed. His whole demeanor relaxed as he let out his tears. Tears once of pain and anguish, now resembles peace and relief.

"Hyung."

Jungkook smiled, eyes curved to cresents as he looked up at Taehyung.

"Hyung see, I kept my promise, and you're here."

He whispered. Only for him and the stars to hear.

Taehyung. His Taehyung. Right in front of his eyes. The love, pain and a lifetime of separation. Tears of grief and relief oozed down his cheeks, but he was more than angry at himself to let what happened to Taehyung yesterday. Again he couldn't protect the only person that ever mattered.

Jungkook took his time studying Taehyung reminiscing every single day he sat in the front of a canvas cursing himself because he knew though the painting of Taehyung was gorgeous as ever he will never be good enough to brush the strokes on canvas the way Taehyung was drew to perfection.

So Jungkook took his time, lacing his fingers around Tae's holding him close to his heart. His eyes roamed over the face of the surreal man of his and eventually stumbled upon the hands. His eyes widened. The hands he treasured so much lay frail and limp, slender and deep gashes littered all over. Jungkook's grip tightened over Taehyung, eyes dark, unfocused and his shoulders shook thinking about how much Taehyung had to go through. He hated himself that he let this happen.

The pale curtains fluttered mid air as a gust of wind swept through littering Taehyung's hair lightly over his face. Jungkook leaned in, his face close to Taehyung in bare inches grazing his fingers over Taehyung's hair and he froze. Froze at the sight of the blaring bloodshot on Tae's neck. And just when the digits in Jungkook's phone turned 4.15, the silence was peirced through with a ding.

760-2, Wolgye-dong Gwangsan-gu.

The solitary message from his friend was the answer to the raving anger that arose within him. He leaned down and pressed his lips firmly over Taehyung's forehead as if he sealed a promise, eyes fluttering close in the familiar feeling. And he was off, his jacket limp on the shoulder and eyes eerily sure on what he will do next.

-

[Jungkook POV]

"Taehyung woke up."

That, that single sentence did something in me as I ran, sprinting up the stairs with my heart in my mouth.

But now that I see those eyes open, under the dim lights locking into mine a nagging feeling seize me. His eyes search for me but still, his can't meet mine. His arms want me near but still won't hold me. I realized that Taehyung yearned for Jungkook. But still it wasn't me. He wasn't mine. Maybe the universe despised me so much that she let the history repeat again. I can't stand the foreign gaze in those eyes I used to see stars in. And I don't know how to escape what reflects back from Taehyung's eyes. So I hold him close, obscuring my face to his neck, my tears and my broken heart far from his reach.

"Will you ever be mine again?"