44

I made my way out of the company building, and before I was about to leave from the main entrance, I looked at the dozens of cameras and reporters stood crowding outside.

Security guards tried pushing them away, but with the amount of people crowding and shouting for me, it wasn't much of a help.

I gave a sigh, rubbing my face out of annoyance. These people seriously had nothing better to do than ruin my life even more.

But, without further waiting, I stepped out of the building, cameras flashing faster and people shouting for my name.

More security guards tried helping me get into the company van safely, people were pushing left and right.

"HAERIN! CAN YOU ADDRESS WHAT'S BETWEEN YOU AND JAKE?"

"IS IT TRUE YOU LIVE IN JAKE'S PLACE?" 

I just gave an exasperated groan, lightly, as I stepped into the van and disappeared from the crowds that just tried to chase after with cameras.

I leant my head back, closing my eyes as I tried to recollect my thoughts.

I had to give a statement to my personal Instagram and also, collect my stuff from Jake's place. Damn, this really sucked.

I had been dropped off near Jake's place, so, with the remainder of the way to his house, I was stuck in a thought of what to even do. Am I really supposed to just break all contact with him and live on as if nothing was ever between us?

I gave another sigh, it seemed as if this entire day was filled with sighs. But, eventually, I made it to Jake's place, heading up to his penthouse at the top.

To my surprise, nobody was actually here, and I was rather confused to how this happened. If people got photos of me leaving his house, then wouldn't people be here to question him too?

Whatever, I knocked onto his door, and not even five seconds later, he opened it.

The look on his face just made me want to just quit my job and instead live with him carefree for the rest of my life.

"Haerin." He softly spoke my name, and I just walked past him, feeling utterly hopeless and devastated.

Jake followed behind, trying to talk to me. But my brain was lagging behind, and I was just primarily focused on getting my stuff and leaving. It's better for me to just do it quickly and without more pain than needed.

Midst packing, Jake took the suitcase away from me, to prevent me from packing. He stared at me as I just looked at him.

He still had the gleaming sparkles of hope in his eyes, whereas me? I had nothing but a sullen expression.

"Haerin, you can't just do this." Jake wanted me to stay, and truthfully, so did I. I looked over at him, pressing my lips and preventing myself from convincing myself otherwise from the look on his face.

"Jake, there's nothing I can do. Don't you get it? There's hellfire on both your fandom socials, and mine." I sighed.

"But completely no contact is insane. Seriously, Mingho said you can't text me, call me, or even see me in complete discretion. This just isn't right." Jake was continually trying to make things better, and although his effort, I just couldn't feel any better about this situation.

My heart was heavy with melancholy, and just seeing his devastated and frustrated face, made it sink even more.

"You think I don't know this isn't right? Maybe if I didn't have such a shitty management, then maybe something would be different, but Mingho cares only about his company image and how much profit he makes." I began to grow slightly agitated, grabbing the suitcase once again and angrily packing.

Jake leant his head back, looking at the ceiling in frustration as he let out a light groan.

"So you're really just not gonna let me see you or talk to you." Jake looked over at me, instead of the sweet eyes of his, his eyes were sharper and staring at me intently.

"What else could I possibly do? Go against Mingho and get beaten to death? You know fine well how he acted when I wasn't the weight he wanted me to be." I stared at him, and he just rubbed his face, annoyed completely.

I finished packing my stuff, and last but not least, Yeong, my cat, was the last thing that I needed to take.

It was a shame, because I reckon without the stalkerish pictures and the new headlines, I felt as if I could've lasted a long time with Jake.

Nevermind though, maybe in another universe when we're two ordinary people in Seoul, with 9-5 jobs, and barely any social media presence.

That thought alone made me feel even more despair than I currently was feeling, my heart just completely overfilling with sorrow as I put Yeong into his cage.

I was fully packed, and ready to leave, I stood at the corridor, Jake looking over at me from a distance. You could see he was hurt from his face alone, no longer it carried that radiant shine, and his eyes didn't glitter anymore.

"Jake, I don't know if this is gonna help either of us, but I'll miss you." I softly told him as he looked down to the floor before proceeding to come up to me.

"Stay healthy, and if anything bad happens, you know where I live." His voice gently quivered as he stared down at my face.

And just before I left, he gave me a kiss, a bittersweet one with yearning for me to stay.