Wanderer slowly but surely opened his eyes.

'Why is it so bright..'

He noticed that no matter where he looked, he saw white. He decided that he needed to find a way to get back before Nahida started to freak out, but the moment he tried to sit up he immediately regretted it.

'Shit-!'

In pain he fell back down. He couldnt even being to remember what had happen that led him here. He took a moment before remembering everything.

'That damn chalk. When I get my hands on him—'

"I see you're awake now," the nurse said. He turned his attention to her and on instinct started analyzing everything about her.

He noticed that she dressed weird. Now that he was really aware, he was dressed in something weird too. 'A gown? What is this some cross dressing business?'

He needed to be rational, he played it cool and asked, "Who are you?"

The nurse smiled warmly, "Im the nurse assigned to you! Of course you are welcome to rest up a little bit, but if you have any questions I might be able to answer them."

Wanderer pondered for a bit before nodding. The nurse seemed relieved to see him cooperate. He then asked another question that was weighing on his mind, "Where am I?"

The nurse walked over to me and stood beside the bed. "You're in a hosplital sir. Specifically Musutafu Hospital," she explained.

'The what hospital?' Wanderer arched his eyebrow in confusion.

Although the nurse seemed even more confused than him,

"Where are you from sir?"

"Inazum— im from Sumeru,"

"How did you get here?"

"..."

The nurse started to get suspicious, "S-sir.. did you come here illegally..?"

"Pfft— are you telling me I need to prove my identity to enter another nation?" Wanderer joked not really taking her seriously. Back at Teyvat, you could travel anywhere without identification. However, our dear Wanderer didn't know that wasn't the case here..

 However, our dear Wanderer didn't know that wasn't the case here

The nurse started to freak out and bite her nails. "What do I do..? Police? Would he need to be deported..? Would ICE get.." she was deep in her own thoughts that she was drowning out her surroundings.

Wanderer got even more confused and went to tap her shoulder. "Is there something wrong—"

"AHHHHH!!"

"Woah-! Calm down, im not gonna hit you or anything!"

"You're gonna hit me!?"

"That is the exact opposite of what I said— ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?"

He yelled at the nurse as she ran out the room.

The moment he tried to stand up and run after the girl, he felt lightheaded and sat back onto the bed.

"Argh.. my head.." Wanderer groaned out. His exposed legs felt cold and he climbed back under the covers. Just a few minutes later, someone came in.

They had a tablet and looked very androgynous. Wanderer had a hard time figuring them out but saw that it was fruitless either way.

"Hello, I'm Wu Ming! Pleasure to meet you," they said in an unusually happy tone. Wanderer was hesitant to answer but did so anyway.

"I am called Wanderer," he said plainly. The moment he said that, the person started to tap on their tablet for a little while. 'What is he doing to that rectangle?' He thought since he never seen such an invention back in Teyvat.

The person chuckled, "Well that is certainly weird," they said as they looked up at Wanderer with an interested gaze.

They inched closer towards him until they were practically looming over Wanderer.

"You don't seem to be registered in our system or any documents for that matter. Its as if you never existed—"

Wanderer was starting to sweat a little bit as he felt pressure from the person infront of him.

"I'm interested to found out why.." they said sinisterly.

'What the fuck did I get myself into..' Wanderer cursed in his mind.

Words.. 952

[April 16th, 2024]