Chapter 16: Midterm Mayhem

Start from the beginning

"Try that shit again and I'll throw more things at you, you dumb shitbag" Zoroark growled.

Lunch eventually ended and the afternoon classes started. Throughout the classes Reeka would occasionally think about what Jaydin had said during Homeroom.

'Maybe it wouldn't be such a bad idea if people know I have a Meltan' Reeka thought.

The school day eventually ended and Jaydin and Reeka returned to their dorm room.

Duraludon immediately got on his back and took a nap. Audino secured a spot under Jaydin's bed and read a book Reeka loaned her after finding out they both like the same genre of books. Greninja went up to Jaydin's bed and did some meditation. Togekiss was getting her fur brushed by Jaydin, blissfully sighing and blushing as he did so. Zoroark was drawing in a notebook that Jaydin got her. Marshadow was playing video games with Pikachu and Charcadet.

Reeka figured now was the best time to talk to Meltan. She climbed up to her bed and once she sat down she let out Meltan. He looked around and finally saw Reeka looking at him with a hesitant look.

"What's wrong Reeka?" He asked with concern.

"Meltan, there's something I want to talk to you about" Reeka said.

"Is it...bad? Did I do something wrong?" Meltan asked in worried tone.

"You didn't do anything wrong, and it's not exactly something bad" Reeka assured him.

"Then, what is it?" He asked.

Reeka took a breath before speaking again. "Do you...do you want others to know that I have you?"

Meltan was surprised to hear something like that.

"I...I-I don't know, I mean, I don't want anyone to separate us, I can't bare being away from you Reeka" he said as he clung to Reeka as teardrops fell from his eye.

Reeka placed a hand on Meltan. It warmed her heart hearing how much Meltan cares about her.

"I'm scared of that too, but thinking about it more, I doubt that would happen. Ash used to have a Meltan himself, and no one tried to take it from him, even as a Melmetal it's still with him" Reeka said.

Meltan thought about it, and it made a lot of sense. He himself came from the same place Ash's Meltan came from, although he came into existence long after Ash's.

"Plus, you're incredibly strong, even Pikachu saying she's the backup instead of you" Reeka added.

Meltan looked away in embarrassment. He was happy his teammate thinks so highly of him. He always admired Pikachu's kindness, being incredibly fortunate to be a part of her family.

He looked back at Reeka who just smiled at him.

"I...I'm okay with it. But, maybe not just yet?" He said.

"Of course, take us much time as you need" Reeka said as she petted the top of his hexagonal nut, making him let out giggles.

The next day arrived and it was going to be revealed what the battle test will be on Friday, which was tomorrow. The midterms were going to take place the following Monday, giving the students the weekend to study.

The day was pretty uneventful and all the classes were mainly about finishing up all the topics that will be on the respective exams.

Friday morning finally arrived. Everyone was sitting in Homeroom waiting for Mallow to come in to deliver the news of what the battle exam will be.

The door finally opened and Mallow and Tsareena walked in.

"Good morning everyone. I'm sure you all know what the announcement today will be, so I'll explain what the battle exam will entail" she said.