Chapter 18: A Birthday Worth Celebrating

Things carried on like normal for the next few days. Like usual, Jaydin and Reeka trained together, ate together and hung out together. Reeka had been slowly growing more comfortable being close to Jaydin without being too flustered, although there are some moments that turn her into stuttering blushing mess. Jaydin of course didn't seem to understand why she acted like this, which of course made the girls lightly sigh with irritation.

It was finally Friday for everyone. The rumored announcement was set to be revealed next week. There was also news that affected both Jaydin and Reeka.

The group sat in Homeroom with Barbara as they waited for the first bell to go off.

"This week has been brutal" Reeka said tiredly.

"Yeah no kidding, it's like something always needs to happen all at once" Jaydin said with slight tiredness.

"As the semester goes on, things get harder" Barbara said bluntly.

"Does she need to be so brutally honest?" Zoroark said while holding Teddiursa in her lap.

"It's kind of her thing" Noctowl said.

"It's what makes big sis so special" Teddiursa said happily.

"Well I guess everyone has qualities that help them stand out" Zoroark said.

"Like the fact you can one shot an active Z-Move and still hold back" Pikachu said.

Zoroark awkwardly chuckled. "Yeah I may have overdid it."

"It still was quite the site to behold. I've never seen such raw power before" Noctowl said.

"You're super duper strong Zori!" Teddiursa said.

Zoroark blushed deep red and grunted upon hearing Teddiursa's nickname for her. She shyly thanked her regardless.

'So damn cute!!!' She thought.

"What do you guys think the announcement will be?" Jaydin asked.

"There was a rumor going around about a special guest being involved right?" Reeka said.

"Yeah, but no one still doesn't know anything" Jaydin said.

"I know what it is" a familiar voice said.

"Oh great..." Jaydin mumbled.

The group turned to see Damian kicking his feet up on his desk.

"How could someone like you possibly know" Reeka asked with annoyance.

"Simple you nerd, I have connections" he said as he whipped the side of his hair.

"What a coincidence, cause I have connections to apply my fist to your forehead" Zoroark growled.

"And why should we believe you? You've never been known to be truthful" Reeka said with a scowl.

"Yes I have. I was telling the truth when I said you're a loser and a nerd" Damian spat back.

Pikachu growled as electricity sparked from her cheeks. "I've just about had enough of this guy...!"

Damian saw her and scowled. "What's with you? You mad I described your loser trainer perfectly?"

"What did you call her?!" Pikachu yelled angrily as more electricity shoot out.

"Pikachu! Calm down" Reeka said as she held her.

Pikachu slowly calmed down but still glared daggers at Damian. Jaydin got up and faced Damian.