CHAPTER 9

Terms and Conditions

"I'll do the dishes, go sit on the couch." He stood up and got the plate in front of me.

"Okay!" I headed towards the living room and looked around it. The interior wasn't too plain. The furniture was just enough for him and some guests which makes it more spacious. Umiikot lang din sa neutral colors ang mga disenyo.

I found myself glancing through the window, where the bustling cityscape of Manila unfolded before me. Sa taas ng kinatatayuan ko, malinaw na makikita ang mga tren at sasakyan sa kalsada.

Then, I sat down on the carpet, took out my laptop from my bag, and placed it on the center table. It crossed my mind last night to draft a contract to show Killian that I am completely serious about this. This way, we could establish fair rules for both parties.

"What's that?" Killian's voice came from behind me as he settled onto the couch, his eyes drawn to my laptop screen.

"A contract!" I noticed his presence and continued typing. "Here," hawak ko ang laptop at ipinakita sa kanya.

Fake Dating Contract

Purpose of Agreement:

The Parties agree to enter into a fake dating relationship to appease family members.

Terms and Conditions:

1. It shall start next week and shall remain in effect until the end of the year unless terminated earlier by mutual agreement of the Parties.

2. Both parties agree to maintain the appearance of a romantic relationship in public settings.

3. Both parties agree to maintain appropriate levels of physical intimacy as required to convincingly portray a romantic relationship.

4. Both parties shall maintain open and respectful communication throughout this Agreement.

5. Both parties agree to keep the details of their personal lives, including any genuine romantic interests or relationships, confidential and separate from the fake dating arrangement.

6. If one party terminates this contract without valid reason or consent from the other party, the terminating party shall be liable to pay a penalty fee of ________. Additionally, Party A will be entitled to monetary compensation for her services.

Signatures:

Party A: ___________ Date: ______________

Party B: ___________ Date: ______________

"So...what do you think?" I asked, his eyes still drawn to the screen. "Okay naman na hanggang end of the year lang 'di ba?"

"Yeah, I think so." Sagot nito.

"Hmm...about the penalty and compensation." I looked back at the screen.

"Two-hundred fifty thousand? That should be enough, right?" I offered, leaving that portion blank for us to negotiate on the price. I think I am good with receiving that amount after being her fake girlfriend for a few months.

Humalukipkip ito. "That's too little for compensation."

"One million. Sarado." Bahagya siyang ngumiti.

O-one Million!? Is he serious? That's too much!

"Just for a contract!?" Hindi makapaniwalang sabi ko. I mean...I am confident that I won't breach the contract and I have the means to pay for it if need be. Pero ang laking pera niyan!