CHAPTER 5

Tuning the Truth

It was the day everyone had been eagerly awaiting—the start of the three-day school event. The excitement began with a colorful parade, followed by the freshmen's performance, and the event would end with a concert on the final day, open to outsiders to attend.

"I-gitna mo pa," Sophie instructed one of the member sa pagkakabit ng banner.

Right after the parade, we're preparing to set up our booth in the open field.

"Elle! Don't miss our booth later, okay?" Ali from the nursing department called out.

"Sure! I'll drop by later!" Sagot ko.

Looking around, I saw the other departments hard at work, organizing and assembling their booths.

The architecture department is showcasing 3D model houses, the engineering department hosts carnival-style games like those found at amusement parks, and the nursing department is dressed like characters straight out of a horror movie. It seems they've perfectly timed their theme for Halloween, considering it's already October. The theater department offers karaoke at their booth. These are just some of the booths around us.

Events like this are what most students look forward to giving us the chance to break free from the relentless cycle of schoolwork. Ito yung mga bagay na minsan lang sa college kaya dapat ine-enjoy mo na.

"Lagyan niyo pa ng hook sa dulo," I heard Gav's voice.

Tiningnan ko ito at nakapamewang pa.
Mukhang ibang tao talaga kapag seryoso ang kumag na 'to. Akala mong hindi nagloloko. At times like this he really looks like the Vice Chairperson.

I am facilitating the students who set up their products here in our bazaar. We were actually surprised by the number of participants who signed up to sell. Some are selling crochet products, handmade accessories, yung iba naman mga photocards of K-pop idols, desserts, and books and we are also selling campus merch.

The booth will open at exactly 9am kaya medyo nagmamadali na kami.

"Elle! Tawag ka ni VP," Sophie called me out.

I headed towards the front of the booth and saw Gav standing there with his arms crossed.

"Oh! Ayos 'di ba!" Gav said with amusement.

I looked at the design of our booth and I won't lie, it really is pretty. The booth has eye-catching colors because of its balloons, banners, and crepe papers hanging above. The layout was well-planned which creates an inviting atmosphere.

"Ayan natulala siya. Ang galing ko kasi," Gav proudly said and grinned at me.

Ang yabang! Puro utos lang naman siya!

"Oo, ang galing nila," I looked at the members. "Galing niyo guys! Grabe ang ganda!" Sigaw ko sabay palakpak.

"Sige. Thank you nalang Elle," dismayadong tumingin sa akin si Gav na para bang iba ang inaasahang lumabas sa bibig ko.

I chuckled. "Joke lang, nice one, VP!" I offered a fist bump, which he returned.
Mahirap na baka bawian ako nito e.

"How's it going, guys?" I heard Pres' voice behind me.

"Uy! Narito na si boss," biro ni Gav.

"So far so good! We're ready!" I said.

"Great work, team! Sorry, I can't help that much, but I'll make sure to drop by from time to time," Pres assured.

Our president is busy dahil isa rin siya sa coordinator ng event kaya kami na muna ang bahala rito.

"For now, you're in charge bro," Pres tapped on Gav's shoulder.