🦕ྀི (𝕏𝕏𝕍𝕀𝕀)

Chapter Twenty-seven

[3rd POV]

Run, run run!" Darius yells as the five breatheless campers crash through the greenery.

Brooklyn and Sammy are helping Yasmina to limp with them, since her ankle is twisted and broken.

"Is the Parasaurolophus still there?"

The T. Rex suddenly bursts out of nowhere and chomps up the Parasaurolophus

"Aah! Not anymore!" Kenji stumbles after them frantically.

Darius spots a large log by the side. "Over there! Cover!"

They all rush to hide behind it, panting hard from adrenaline.

Booming and crunching noises come from behind the fallen trunk, and the five teens cover their ears, wincing.

After a few moments, Darius peeks out and notices the T. Rex had left, dragging the carcass of the parasaurolophus by her jagged teeth. "They're gone."

Everyone sighs in relief.

"Why are there so many dinosaurs around?" Kenji asks, trying to catch his breath, his legs slung in a lazy position over the log they're hiding behind.

"It's either your boyish charm or all the fences are down." Yasmina snarkily says to Kenji.

"It's definitely option two." Brooklyn says. "No offense."

"I don't even care." Sammy says with a small sigh. "Right now, I just want a sandwich. We haven't eaten since those awful carob bars that Ben..."

She trails off with a flinch at his name. A heavy silence falls over the others as they think of the two best friends.

Kenji especially seems the most sad, and Brooklyn even gives him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder.

A distant roar breaks the silence. They all groan and sigh.

"We just need to eat and rest." Sammy says in a tired voice. "I can't keep running like this."

Darius walks a few steps forwards and he spots a metal peak in the distance. "We don't have to. There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street, and food, and everything else!"

"Come on!" Kenji runs ahead first, followed by everyone else.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ˳༄꠶ ⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯

"What happened here?" Brooklyn murmurs, looking around with a small frown.

Litter and dinosaur bones trash the place. The buildings' paint are scratched and filthy, and the tables and chairs are upturned.

"Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs." Yaz says

"It's more than that." Darius says. "Some kind of fight took place. From the height, it looks like maybe the
T. Rex and... something bigger?"

He and Kenji exchange solemn looks.

"The Indominus Rex." Brooklyn confirms. The three girls look down at the green water below the edge of the pier, and they see a half-eaten, white, hybrid body.