Chapter 9~

"You mean he just...left?" Mark looked at you as he rubbed the red circles around his wrists and looked at you with wide eyes.

"Yeah, he's gone." You whispered as you stared at the old dirty floor. You still couldn't believe that Dark had just left. Was this all just a game to him? Was he trying to prove you did have feelings for him?

Maybe you did. But Dark was your friend, and you couldn't help but be worried for him.

"Where could he be right now? I mean, where could he go?" Mark questioned as he glanced at the forgotten chains on the floor. His muscles were still a bit creaky from sitting for so long and he felt his legs shake as he struggled to stand straight. 

"Mark! Are you okay?" You rushed over to Mark and let him lean on your shoulder. He felt so warm against you as you helped him make it down the stairs and onto the sofa. You sat down next to Mark and looked into his eyes.

You both sat there silently, shoulder to shoulder until you remembered Mark's question before he collapsed. "I don't know where Dark is, but...he treated you so badly. Maybe..." You whispered as Mark smiled softly as he brought a hand to your cheek.

"y/n, I don't blame Dark doing those things to me. He was in love, and I knew because I could feel it too. Me and Dark, we're...connected." Mark grinned as you felt him shuffle closer to you, and your face went red. "That's why Dark was so jealous, he knew that I was in love too." Mark leaned in further and you quickly jumped off the sofa. Mark looked at you in surprise as you tried to gather your thoughts.

"Mark...I uh..." You sputtered as Mark stood up and looked at you apologetically. "I'm sorry, I just can't. I don't know what I'm feeling right now with you and Dark. It's just really complicated, and I don't want any of you to get hurt because of me." You tried to turn away but Mark kept you still.

"Don't worry y/n. I understand. I shouldn't of acted so quickly like that. It's my fault." Mark avoided your gaze in shame and you held his chin and looked into his eyes.

"It's okay Mark." You pulled him into a hug, and you felt Mark seize up and then slowly wrap his arms around you. You enjoyed his warmth and for the first time in a while, you felt relaxed.

"Is it crazy that I want him to come back?" You whispered as you buried your head into Mark's shoulder. 

"No. I miss him too. And I think I know where he is." Mark muttered. 

~~~

Dark arrived at the apartment complex and checked if he had the right address. The apartments were grey in color, with mirrors around it that reflected the bleak landscape. Dark walked up to the main entrance and used the intercom. He waited patiently and waited for an answer as he pulled his black hoodie to his face.

"Hello?" A familiar voice filled Dark's ears as he turned to the intercom speaker.

"Yeah, it's me." Dark mumbled as he shuffled his feet.

"Well well, you've come back begging for me right?" The voice on the other end laughed as Dark felt hung his head.

"Shut up and let me in." Dark said, slightly annoyed and heard the entrance doors open. He walked in and took the lift up to the apartment floor. Dark stood at the front door for a while, deciding whether or not he should turn back. Why was he even here? Was he really this desperate to do this?

Before he could decide, the door swung open and standing there, was a man in a suit with suspenders and a pink bow tie. On his face he grew a pink mustache.

"Dark! Welcome back!" Wilford grinned with open arms as Dark stood there awkwardly with his hands at his sides. "Come on in, come on in!" Wilfred shouted as he turned and disappeared into his apartment with Dark following him close behind.  

~~~

Hey Guys!

I just wanted to thank you all for the reads and votes for this story. It's almost up to 800 and I still can't believe it :) 

If you have any suggestions or comments you have, I would love to hear it. I want to know if your liking the story or not!

Love you all (⌒▽⌒)

xxx