29.

It's always the weak who feel insecure about others. I don't know why am being tested because of someone else's success. Standing right infront of me is the human with whom I fought on 1st day of my pg life.

"Well well look who's here. " She commented and her boyfriend with benefits snickered at me.

"Tell me Mrs Amogh Upadhyay, how does it feel to score highest marks,  be on top of table in university ranking, getting this scholarship money and free seat for senior residency in our college?." She asked making others look at me. If I knew she's going to join here again, I would have happily left this college.

"Oh! I forgot! You knew this is going to happen right? I am sorry you have to act surprised and happy infront of us all the time. Must be very difficult task for you!." She commented making my blood boil. I looked around to find people staring at me as if listening to their to own voice.

How can I expect someone to support me? If it's not them, then they won't understand.

"Congratulations to you too. I heard your boyfriend pulled some strings for you here? Must be hell lot of work for him! After all who can gamble on a doctor like you?." I questioned and whispers around me started again. I looked at forms in my hands. One for mumbai branch and another one for Dharmasala. Filing both of them, I submitted it to the head asking him permission to give me time to decide about this.

"Ma'am, we are sorry. I did not expect someone so educated will comment like that." Receptionist said making me smile.

"There's always someone who's most educated has guts to talk like that on my face. Don't worry." I said walking away. As I sat in the lawn, I saw Dr Amogh's message that he's going into surgery early. I did not reply instead decided to wait as time as possible.

"He's so handsome! Could that be an arranged marriage before she joined this college?." Some student who's sitting right behind me spoke as others shared their opinions.

"We don't know. I heard both of them joined in the same year." Another commented. I listened but did not react as it's not my place to say anything.

"I was thinking maybe we can ask our pgs? They know better right? By the way, they look good together." Someone commented. I sighed getting up from my place. Walking to his department, I greeted people who smiled at me. As I opened his cabin door, the sight infront of me stunned my whole body.

"I....I am sorry...Sir." I said closing his door. I looked around to find doctors being normal and again stared at his door. Since it's tinted I am sure no one saw the horrible sight infront of me. Deciding to go walk away I turned around.

"Anagha!." I heard him panting as I stood just outside his department.

"What you saw was nothing, don't take it in wrong way." Dr Amogh justified as I looked at him.  Not in wrong way? How can he explain him hugging another woman who just insulted me infront of everyone in the admin block? How can he justify his actions of soothing her hair?

"Ok." I replied not looking at him.

"Please let's talk. Come inside." He pleaded holding my hand. I silently walked behind him as his staff looked at us with gooey eyes.

"Her father is the one who's getting operated today. She was not informed and I scrubbed in early as there were complications. I had to take decision of not going forward with this operation but our HOD decided it's worth a try. That is when I asked my pgs to inform her and she ran begging me not to risk her dad's life . You know cases are piling up after HODs nuisance?." He spoke making me look at him. 

"I think it's justified for you to hug and comfort her. When she just an hour ago made fun of my relationship with you,  blamed me for using power to reach this position and indirectly jabbed at my success. I think I understand how you are doing your duty by hugging every patients attendant, relative. That's why you are called such a warm and friendly doctor." I said moving a bit away from him.  He still held his hands out to hug me but I decided to sit. Without a word, he sat beside me trying to gauge the situation I am in.

"I am sorry you got to hear all that. I.. did not wish to reveal about our marriage as I felt you will be constantly bullied at college. It's not big thing! I mean 4yrs is not big thing right? My parents are 7 years apart, your parents are 6 years apart.. what's the problem with people?." He questioned getting frustrated. I just looked at him without any expression.

"I will go now.  It's your workplace." I said getting up. He held my hand and dragged me on to his lap.

"Listen Anagha, I don't think I can have restraint myself. M trying my best to make you feel happy but don't push me away. Please. I don't hug people randomly, she came on to me and I was just pushing her away. No other intention Anagha. I only love you,  that means I only wish to touch you. " He said holding my arms.

Does he?

"But you didn't." I replied.

"I told you.." he started again.

"You fit for the role of professor. Likes to give explanations for everything and prove that you are not wrong. This profession really suits you. I have never seen someone have so much restraint. Keep it up." I said getting up. He threw his steth away in frustration.

" Why don't you get it Anagha?! Why? I fucking want you! But I can't make you want me without knowing how I was before, why I did take that decision and what happened in my life!." He shouted I stood at a distance looking at him.

"You want me to know?." I asked.

"Yes!." He shouted.

"Then you don't need to show me. Let things be the way they are. If you are scared that I am going to divorce you coz I getting bullied I won't. As much as I want you to go suffer, I would never wish to see someone close to me go through that phase like me." I said smiling at him. He knew something was off about me, i couldn't tell him what it was.

"Why do I sense you are going to do something regarding us?." He asked.

"Were you this scared from the start?." I questioned.

"You know how i feel about you. Why do you keep on asking same question?." He said walking near me.

"Since when did you know that I got offer to work at Dharmasala?." I asked he was shocked for a bit then composed himself.

"I don't want you to go far from me. That's why I did not tell you." He said looking away.

"I see." I replied walking a bit away.

"I am going. " I said to which he looked at me shocked.

"To my home. Where my parents live. I am moving out today. Exams are over, results are out. You have decided where I should work.  Atleast I need to make decision where I want to sleep peacefully after hectic day right? If I don't, you might even make me prisoner of your house." I said going out of his cabin.

Decisions decisions decisions

Do people make them to please others or they simply don't understand the importance of freedom behind making one?

**********************
Please vote comment and share my story!

Happy Sunday everyone! I feel content today for no reason. Hope this update makes you feel the same!

Please share this story, comment , vote. It takes milli second and your contribution will help others reach my book!

Also, there won't be much updates next week as I want to concentrate on some personal work. If possible, I will squeeze some time out to give you all an update.

Do check out my other completed books listed on my profile meanwhile. I really really hope you help me in getting reads for this book.  With lots of thoughts,  ifs n buts I decided to go with this storyline. Something 90s generation will understand. I guess that generation is not free enough to read books like mine now! Anyway, I really appreciate your comments, it keeps me motivated so much!

Thank you.