Thy Will Be Done

AN: Art from tumblr
Lucifer hovered over hell, laughing as his armor gleamed under the light of the flames of damnation. The Fallen were swarming him in an attempt to gain power. Everyone who lost belonged to him, his powers started to grow exponentially as needed. Asmodeus was the second being in existence to swear loyalty to Lucifer and was given power and the ability to form contracts with souls. Soon, five others emerged both loyal and powerful. They would be called the seven deadly sins of Pride, Lust, Greed, Gluttony, Sloth, Wrath, and Envy.
It was so easy to topple all of them, barely even any effort before suddenly all the fighting stopped. Everything felt frozen. He held still, allowing himself to look as drained as his surroundings currently looked. It was best to play the fool when space-time miracles occur or the random pauses. Figures danced around the frozen ones, far too bright to be the Fallen. He couldn't understand the language and what the ones approaching his position were asking. The blue uniforms worried him, nothing like they looked only hours before. The Elders of Heaven, his siblings, were looking for someone or something and he doubted they were going to be respectful of him remaining silent about what happened. Michael, his dearest little brother, was screaming the only magical phrase that would incapacitate him, worry and fear locked with Lucifer's eyes.
As they rushed towards his position, he heard a soft whoosh.
A hand wrapped around his neck and yanked him through a portal, slamming him to the ground and magic pinning him there. He couldn't see who it was, momentarily shocked. The hand felt familiar, kinda like a tongue. Something poked him, a slight burning in his arm, and the whisper of the person's name was all that Lucifer remembered before everything went black.
"Azrael."
_💠______💠_
Azrael studied his unconscious brother as he picked him up. Lucifer was far too thin, shivering in the sudden temperature drop. There was a bruise already forming in the shape of a hand. He had a simple job, keep Lucifer safe until time resumed as it was meant to be. All he could see was the sweet Samael he had known forever. Sweet Samael, who wasn't corrupted at all. No foul odor, no fracturing, no flinch at any Holy Light he used to heal all the other injuries and scratches. Azrael placed his brother onto the small bench, waving his arm as Lucifer's tattered clothes were replaced by a very thin white sheet.
"Just what type of contract was it that you, of all creation, didn't even hesitate to sign?" Azrael questioned, feeling his siblings trying to call him to aide them with the stupid errand they were currently doing in the past. All of the sudden a contract appeared, colliding with Azrael's head.
"Oh my Father!" He exclaimed as he opened and started to read it. He guessed it had been a decade since the Fall for everyone outside of the Frozen Time. Samael really needed to learn how to hide himself away every decade from now until the end of the Great Design.
He read through the entirety of the contract. Every single word, front to back and back to front. This was bad. Bad with a capital letter wasn't even close to enough to warrant exactly how bad this was. His siblings would rebel against Sera and would absolutely kill Adam and Eve. The rebellion that happened a while ago would not even be compared to what would happen if any of them ever read it, especially Michael. It would bring about an end to all of creation.
He needed to hold Samael to calm down. Samael's signature was already there as was Father's. He gently lifted Samael into his arms, signing his name as witness and would never be able to bring it up again unless he was directly talking to Lucifer or Father about it. The shivering stopped.
A thought kept creeping across his mind. Samael was so small. Michael and the others were adults. Samael was not. Lilith was taking excellent care of them both. Lilith was protecting little Samael and was helping him to do as their Father demanded of the little Seraphim that Fell so that no other would suffer in his place. The only boon that would be granted would be a small child at some undetermined time, created for them by the Father.
"Thy will be done." Azrael whispered the last phrase softly, cradling his brother close. He held Samael as one does a sleeping little child, cooing anytime a frown appeared on the perfect face of his older but technically little brother. Michael was practically screaming into his rune. Azrael used a blessing to make Samael appear as a sleeping cherub as he answered, unworried as he knew no one saw him snag Lucifer.
"What, Michael?" Azrael stated, eyes meeting his younger brother.
"SAMAEL DISAPPEARED BEFORE WE GOT TO HIM BUT I CAN STILL FEEL HIM IN OUR TIME! SOMETHING GRABBED HIM EVEN THOUGH TIME WAS FROZEN!" Michael was shouting again.
"Take a deep breath, brother. There is no need to yell." Azrael kept his voice calm. Michael took a steadying breath.
"Sorry. Oh sweet! How'd you get Emily to sleep so quick!" Michael was happy to know that Azrael wasn't completely heartless.
"A bed time story." Azrael's voice was devoid of humor. Emily was asleep a few thousand years in the future, the time these versions were from. Samael didn't know that though.
"Anyway, you said he was in a coma for like nine years and he'd have won right as the dawn broke over this accursed realm. He was right there, washed out just as you said he would be, but something grabbed him. He's not here. We looked everywhere. I almost have half a mind to try again." Michael's voice still was distressed.
"Don't. You'll only damage time more. I think we need to speak with Sera in the meantime. Something is truly off exactly once a year starting seven thousand years ago to know. Meet me in the Library with Gabriel and the others. Remember!" Azrael was cut off.
"Don't tell Sera." Seven voices echoed. Azrael sighed as he blessed little Samael before waiting for his siblings to disappear before reappearing with Lucifer in his arms.