Chapter One No Plans

Začít od začátku

"Good to see you too." I laugh at Jonah, and he hugs me obnoxiously tightly before bursting into laughter himself.

"Do you know if anyone else is here yet?" I ask as we finally make our way into the cesspool that is the public pool.

"Uh, I think Frankie will be here in a minute." Jonah glances back towards the entrance as he fumbles for his phone.

"Yeah, and Kalon, Penny, and Ro..." Malachi trails off and glances at me uncomfortably before clearing his throat. "They're here somewhere I think."

"I'm pretty sure Axel got a ride with Penny." I supply, trying to smooth over the awkwardness.

"Oh okay." Malachi drops his phone and swears. I pick it up for him and grab his towel so he's not acting like a mother holding seven children. "Thanks Y/N."

"Anytime." I smile. It's nice being civil and still having friends.

I spot Axel's signature blue hair, bright with fresh dye and ready to spread in the pool water. I don't think they thought that through all the way.

"Hey Y/N!" She squeals, tossing her arms around my neck. "Ready for the diving board?"

I kick off my sandals, keeping my eyes on my best friend so I don't have to look at anyone else. "As ready as I'll ever be."

I can hear Rodrick's obnoxiously loud voice talking to Malachi and Kalon, but I ignore him and instead choose to get yelled at by the lifeguard for running.

I sprint down the side of the pool to greet Frankie, shoving Jonah out of the way so I can hug her. She giggles and hugs me tightly.

"How are you, Y/N?" She asks, walking between Jonah and I back to our seats.

"Well, I'm not crying or in jail so..." I shrug, and Frankie laughs.

"Are we going to get in the water or just drone on and on like old ladies?" Axel whines, tying up her blue hair and making sure her swimsuit strings are tight enough.

"Yeah, c'mon losers." Penny sticks her tongue out at me and Frankie.

Frankie and I glance at each other and laugh, yanking our cover up t-shirts over our heads and tossing them on the boy's chairs.

Axel and I bought swimsuits together a few days after me and Rodrick broke up. Axel said it would help the pain.

I glance down at my new suit and smile. Maybe it did.

(A/N: Imagine whatever swimsuit you want cuz I know you'd look beautiful in whatever you'd like<3 [put pin link if u wanna <3) I'm saying that because I hate when fics are like "y/N iS wEaRiNg a BiKiNi" like babe no tf i'm not i hate my body 💀)

"AHH IT'S COLD!" Axel shrieks after leaping into the deep end, causing several parents of young kids to glance at them with annoyance.

"No shit Sherlock." Penny rolls her eyes and sits on the edge, simply dipping her feet in.

"C'mon, Y/N." Frankie grabs my hand and yanks me towards the edge.

"Nuh uh. I'm going in slowly, let me adjust." I insist, glancing around at all the people laughing.

"That's what she said." Axel snorts, and the four of us burst into immature laughter. I love these three.

"Well, if that's what you want." Frankie sighs in defeat and acts like she's going to run towards the pool, but instead puts a hand on my back, leaping in and taking me with her.

The lifeguard's sharp whistle pierces my ears as I break the surface, laughing and simultaneously choking on the water. The lifeguard's yelling at Frankie for pushing me in, and I'm laughing too hard to defend her.