The girls in green are alright.

If someone could put a camera into the Barcelona women's training ground now, they'd probably raise an eyebrow.

In the middle of one of the training pitches, in the blaring hot sun, sat the Barcelona team all huddled around watching the device currently being held in Tatum's hand - currently showing the last few seconds of extra time of Ireland's last qualifier for the world cup. It was 2-2, and Ireland needed to win. One win, and they're through to the world cup.

History.

Scotland had given them a game, a hell of a game, in fact. Tatum had watched 90 minutes of watching Katie's legs working furiously to pull her team through, constantly spending her time on the pitch making sure they won all their duals, the second balls, picking up the girls when they made a mistake. A true captains performance.

As extra ticked by, one by one, Tatum's team mates began to join her, willing their team mates girlfriend to join them on the world cup experience ahead.

The stream that Tatum had been watching the match on had failed dramatically at the 79th minute, so, she drew on her next best source. One who was currently at the game cheering her sister on. Ella.

Tatum had tried to go to the match, wanting nothing more than to be able to cheer her girlfriend on from right there, but the training at Barcelona at the moment was as intense as ever as they geared up for the Champions league. Thus bringing her to now. Sat on a training pitch, in Barcelona, with countless Spanish players all gathered around her phone watching the small screen, all shouting words of encouragement.

"Penalties!" Aitana shouted, clapping her hands together before putting one hand on Tatum's shoulder and squeezing in excitement.

Excitement is probably the last word Tatum would use to describe the situation.

Tatum let out a breath, not able to stop the shaking off her hand. Katie was this close. She rolled the ball she was currently sitting on out from under her and placed it on a cone that was in front of the gathering, then resting her phone against the ball. Ella turning the camera to her and awkwardly waving at the group of Spanish players that were now in the picture. Tatum bent her legs at the knee and rested her arms on them, dipping her head between her arms.

The sweat was quite literally dripping off of her. Something this intense? In this heat? Didn't suit English people well.

One by one, the Barcelona team watched as each player stepped up to take their penalties, the group letting out loud cheers when Ireland scored.

It came down to one penalty.

Of course it had to be Katie who takes it.

"Fucking hell." Tatum said as Katie began walking to the spot. "Come on Katie." She mumbled, smiling softly when she felt hands resting on each of her shoulder, one of Alexia and one of Mapi. "Ella, you okay, mate?" Tatum asked, wanting to check in. Future sister in law duties.

"Yeah, I'm good, I'm good." She heard Ella say before she stuck her thumb up at the front of the camera.

"Come on, Katie!" Mapi shouted, calls of Vamos echoing around the girls as Katie placed the ball and took her steps back.

"Come on. Please, please." Tatum muttered, not taking her eye off the screen.

She watched as Katie began her run up, slow and precise at first before releasing her speed and wrapping her foot around the ball, smashing it straight into the bottom left corner.

Chaos erupted everywhere. Tatum's phone went flying in the air, not like she would be able to see it much anywhere with Ella waving her arms around jumping in celebration.

"GET IN!" Tatum screamed as her team mates wrapped their arms around her, screaming with their.

Alexia pulled Tatum in a hug when she spotted the younger girl wiping the tears threatening to drop out of her eyes. "Ella lo hizo." (She did it.) The Spaniard whispered to her friend.

Tatum pulled away and ran to pick up her phone, only seeing Ella's neck but could see the girl was walking through the crowd. "Ella?" She shouted.

Ella fumbled with her phone before pulling it so her face was now in view. "She fucking did it!" Ella screamed, tears freely pouring down her face. "We're going down on the pitch to see her, can you wait?"

"Yeah, yeah, of course."

Tatum watched with a smile as she seen the moment Katie's family got passed the barrier, immediately breaking out in sprints as they ran to Katie. There was a point that all Tatum could see was the screen going blank and could hear muffled voices broken by sobs of happiness.

They'd gotten to her.

Tatum waited patiently, wanting her girlfriend to have this time with her family.

A few minutes passed and Tatum heard fingers touching the phone on Ella's side, eventually leading to seeing the sky and the top of the stadium. "It's Tatum!" She heard Ella shout.

The next thing she seen was Katie's face on the screen, tears running down her face as she sported such a big smile Tatum was sure it must be making her cheeks hurt.

"What the fuck!?" Tatum eventually asked, her smile now matching Katie's. "Baby, I'm so proud of you."

"You watched?" Katie asks, eyes twinkling partly due to the fact of what her and her teammates have just accomplished, but also partly that her girlfriend had gone out of her way to watch her and is proud of her.

"Of course! We all did!" Tatum responded, turning her phone slightly to show Katie the Barcelona girls still huddled together before bringing the camera back to herself. "You fucking smashed it. And no cards!"

"I...I don't even think I have words. I can't believe it." Katie said, smile on her face but disbelief in her voice.

"I can. You deserve it. You all do."

"Thank you, sweetheart." Katie thanked before rubbing a hand over her face. "Fuck."

"You got this. You hear me? This is your moment." Tatum spoke, eyes locking with Katie who stared back at her, the noise from the other girls on the pitch and the roar of the crowd seemingly muted to them both."I'm so fucking proud of you. You went and did the damn thing."

"Fuck, I wish you were here. I wouldn't even care about the camera's, I'd snog your fucking face off." Katie said with a laugh.

Tatum looked at the girl. Taking all of her in. The sweat making her skin glisten, the light shining in her eyes as she glanced away from the camera and took in the crowd, the smile plastered across her face, filled with bewilderment. Even the hearts stuck to her forehead because of the sweat. Everything. Tatum adored every little detail.

"Go. Go celebrate, okay?" Tatum instructed.

"Okay."

"I'll see you soon."

"Okay, bye, I love you." Katie, not seemingly catching what she said, just blew Tatum an air kiss and hung up.

Is now a bad time to say last one before the weekend? Whoops.