"I'm asking for your thoughts on a matter," she defends.

"And you'll actually take my thoughts into consideration?"

"I'm not looking for a fight."

"Then, spill," I urge, just wanting to stop talking already.

"There are six prisoners back there and Rick is going to help them clear a cell block to keep away from us," she reveals. "And if it doesn't work.. Rick wants to kill them."

"Does he want to kill them or does he know that if it comes down to it, he has to?" I rephrase.

"He's not a killer. I just want him to have a clear conscious once it's over."

"Are you asking me this because you think I'm on the wrong side? That I'm a felon?" I wonder.

"No. I'm asking because Rick doesn't trust my advice anymore. He trusts yours."

My chest felt heavy with the reality. But, I knew it was true all winter.

And I wasn't stupid. I knew what it meant.

Rick always looked to Shane and Lori when consulting a matter. But, they either sugar-coated it or betrayed him.

Shane raised me. I had Shane's morals for the most part and that gave Rick ease of mind.

But, I also knew not to treat Rick like he was going to shatter if I said the wrong thing like Lori did. She tried to be a 'yes woman' to him. He needed someone to be honest and clear. That was me.

I tap my finger on my gun and nod. "I'll talk to him."

Lori rests a hesitant hand on my arm. "Thank you. And if you need.. I can watch Woojin."

"I can watch my own son," I assure.

"I know. But, sometimes it's okay to ask for help," she defends. "Let me repay you for all you've done for Carl."

I sigh but nod in approval. As I walk away to find Rick again, I scoff. "Getting real sick of you saying a word and it being a whole essay, by the way."

Faintly, Lori chuckles. I shake my head and walk into the next room.

Rick, Daryl, and T-Dog were helping the prisoners get ready to clear the cell block. I finally get a good look at the men.

The first one was simply large. His arms were probably the size of my waist.

The second had long hair. He was the only one with a gun. From what Rick mentioned, a guard slid it to the man before locking them in the cafeteria.

The third wasn't as big as the first, but he was large, still.

The fourth had a handlebar mustache that would put the Colonel to shame.

The fifth was scrawny and lean. He eyed me as I walked into the room.

"Hey, Rick," I call.

Rick's body goes frigid.

I step around Daryl to ask Rick if we could talk.

There, I saw the sixth and final prisoner. Black-rooted hair with blonde highlights. Tattoos adorning most of his skin.

His eyes locked with mine and I felt years of pain and trauma hit at once.

Q.

The final prisoner was Q.

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

𝒶𝓊𝓉𝒽𝑜𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓂𝒷𝓁𝑒𝓈--

*runs for my fucking life*

you guys reading vs me who has another 3894230 ideas to make hyejin and you suffer