𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟓, 𝐫𝐮𝐧𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐟𝐚𝐬𝐭

Things went on as expected. The night that Jasper's mystery gathering came faster than judgment day ever could, but to Alexandria, this was her judgment day.

She had never retrieved her veil from the old man so instead wore a dark blue, thinner one. She put on her favorite blue coat, took in a deep breath for good measure, and walked to the address Jasper told her to meet at.

Another tavern, but one that seemed more posh than the ones Alexandria was used to. As soon as she stepped in, she felt as if everyone's eyes were on her, but not in a good way.

Murmurs and whispers among the folk were heard by Alexandria, but she tried to block it out. Only searching for Jasper.

"Darling!~" She heard a familiar voice call her. Jasper had run up and wrapped an arm around her. 

Alexandria looked up at Jasper, noticing she looked less polished than usual. Her hair was now black, and her skin surprisingly more pale. Alexandria almost didn't recognize her, the woman looked dead.

Jasper smile, her sharp fangs showing. "Are you ready?" 

"R-Ready for...what..?" Alexandria whispered cautiously.

Jasper pulled the girl over to a group of people. Ryuu, the boy she'd met before, was playing around with his kunai. Along with those two, a man stood beside Ryuu. He was much taller than Jasper, and he had hair down to his shoulders. He looked more like the physical equivalent of an ancient painting with a modern body.

"Walker was just here, you would've loved to meet him Dria." Jasper chuckled, she motioned towards Ryuu and the stranger. "You've already met Ryuu, a boy with the temper of a dragon. And this is my brother, we call him Diablo"

Alexandria gulped, she stood speechless, intimidated by the man in front of her. He stared down at her, a smirk on his face.

Ryuu waved his hand in front of Alexandria's face. "Ma'am I think she went brain dead." he said, sighing. "Guess we'll have to find another gullible blonde."

Alexandria slowly turned to him. "Insult me again. I dare you."

Ryuu chuckled, "Knew that'd work."

Alexandria already pinpointed that Ryuu would be a handful.

Previously being known as Juko, Ryuu was a teenage boy who hung around Jasper a lot, almost as if he was her son. But that is not the case, by birth anyway. He seemed like the type of boy to enjoy starting a fight for no reason other than amusement or if he wants to play around a little.

Diablo looked at his sister, Jasper. "When do we start?" He asked quietly, his voice smooth like wine.

"Just wait." Jasper smiled.

Many of the strangers stared at the group, and their eyes wide as they gawked and muttered to each other. It didn't take long for some drunk imbecile to put his hands on Alexandria's shoulders aggressively, causing her to turn and scratch him with her nails, which nobody had previously noticed, were very long.

The man tumbled back, his cheek bloodied. A few of his mates stood up, getting ready to fight.

Alexandria stood in horror, getting ready to flee, but Diablo put his arm in front of her, pushing her behind him. 

"Now you've done it." He whispered, pulling a gun from his coat.

Jasper removed her hat, revealing horns on her head. Diablo had an almost identical set himself. Ryuu grasped his kunai as one bloke took a swing at him. Ryuu stabbed the man, and began tussling with him.

The whole bar erupted into a fighting fiasco, some patrons upon seeing the group show their less "human" features, ran out screaming about witchcraft. Others stayed behind and decided to fight them or apprehend them.