Chapter 1 • Gossip

Chapter ONE

"Holy shit, no way?!" Hani bursted out laughing as I tell her what happened in the airport. I should've known this would be her reaction.

"Are you making fun of me?!" I retorted.

"No...I...I'm not..." She said in between laughs.

"Yeah right." I rolled my eyes. This girl has really no shame.

She stopped laughing and asked in a serious mode, "What does he look like anyway?"

I looked up trying to recall what he looked like since it has been a week. "Hmm...he's a fine young man."

"The details?"

"Well he looks younger than me, he's tall, his facial features are attractive. Sharp eyes, plump lips. That's all I can recall. I'm not trying to remember him."

"He's really attractive?"

"Yeah sort of. It's not like it's a big deal or somethin'." I raised my eyebrows at her.

"Yeah I mean if you will do something embarrassing like that, might as well do it to a handsome guy?" She shrugged.

My eyebrows furrowed. What kind of mindset is that?

"...I mean what if he's the one? You'll tell your kids one day how you met their dad? It's kinda embarrassing and romantic at the same time!" She added.

"Gurl?" My eyebrow raised. What????

"Serena, you're 24. Aren't you planning to get a boyfriend?"

"Hani, calm your ass down. It's not like I'm a granny and about to turn crusty."

"You are turning crusty." She bluntly said.

My jaw dropped at her remark, "..But I am 24?!"

"Exactly. You never had a boyfriend and you're a virgin. Boom."

"And you say it like it's a bad thing!?" ????

"No but like, you're getting old and so..."

I shook my head in disappointment and left the room. I would rather bake some cookies than have nonsense conversation with that girl, I am about to lose my mind.

It's been a week since Spencer arrived from Colorado. Our parents are staying in the U.S but I'm staying here in Korea since I own a bakery here in Seoul and is my only job to survive. Lol.

If I haven't mentioned, Spencer and I are half american half korean. My dad is the korean who is staying in the U.S with my mom for work purposes. So basically, we are dual citizen of both countries. Wait, why on earth am I explaining this?

"Noona, I'm going out with my friends. Will be back by midnight, I think." Spencer appeared out of nowhere, ready to leave the house with small body bag.

"Why too late?" I asked while preparing to bake some cookies. "I'm gonna bake cookies, you want some?"

"Well we're going karaoke and get some few drinks and no, I will stay sober and will be careful."

"Spencer, you just turned 18 and you're drinking? Have you been doing this in the U.S?" I asked, surprised but not mad.

"Like I said, just few drinks and I am not getting drunk. You remember my friends, Jae Gul and Soon Woo?"

"Yeah."

"Yeah they're inviting me out. Anyways, I gotta go. I'll have those cookies when I get back so save some for me!" He waved bye before shutting the door behind him.

I let out a sigh and resumed with what I was doing earlier. I heard a door closed and heard Hani's voice approaching, "Did your brother go out?"

"Yeah, he'll be hanging out with his friends."

"Friends? No girlfriend?" I heard disappointment in her voice.

"Drop it." I said, sternly.

"Fine fine, I don't wanna be kicked out of this house. Are you baking cookies? You know what I want babe."

"No, I am not doing red velvet cookies. My biscoff cookies were sold out yesterday so I'm making more today for tomorrow. I'm glad it's holiday so I have more time to bake these."

"Are you sure you're not getting an employee to help you out in the bakery? You bake, you serve, you deliver these cookies door to door. You need atleast an assistant." She's right, but I cannot afford to pay for that employee since I have bills to pay.

"Yeah, you want to be one?"

"If only I could but I am loaded with my master's degree. Ya girl's in her senior year."

I smiled and nodded. Hani really is a hardworking person. She helps me out with baking whenever she has time, drove me to the airport to pick my brother up and even survives in her post-graduate studies. That's why I am amazed and I appreciate her alot.

"I can't wait for you to get those flying colors, Hani." I genuinely said.

"Well yeah, you're coming to my graduation right?"

"Oh nah, I can't close the shop." I pouted, faking a sad expression.

Her smile dropped, realizing what I said so I immediately smiled widely, "I'm just kidding. Of course, I couldn't miss it."

"You have to be there or I will boycott your bakery." She jokingly threatened.

We both laughed. This girl.