Return of Mordecai and the Rigbys

Everyone is groaning in the house on a hot summer day. "Okay, that's it." Muscle Man takes off his pants. "C'mon Muscle Man! Not the pants." Mordecai said. "If I don't take them off, I can't cool 'em off. Simple science, bro." Muscle Man said. "Listen up, due to the extreme heat, the park is closed today, work is cancelled. If you need me, I'll be in the shade lying still." Benson walks away. "Alright. Did you hear that, Mordecai? A day off." Rigby said. "Too bad we don't have air conditioning, and it's too hot to move." Mordecai said. "Oh yeah. Man, this day off is a scam." Rigby said, and Y/N snickers.

"We just have to find a place where we can cool off." Mordecai said. "And where would that be, Mordecai?" Y/N asked. Later, the trio is at the coffee shop. "So just the free ice water then?" Elieen asked. "Yeah, thanks Eileen." Rigby cools himself off with the ice water. Eileen stares at Rigby, wide eyed. "Feel better now?" She clears her voice. "Feel better now, Rigby?" She asked. "No, I'm still hot." Eileen takes the shirt. "Mordecai and the Rigbys? Whatever happened to that?" Elieen asked. "We had to break up. Didn't want to end up as British dirtbags, so." Mordecai said. "Wait, what?" Y/N asked in confusion.

"It's a long story." Rigby said. "That's why I quit Mole Scouts too. Well anyway, if you feel like getting back together, there's a Battle of the Bands here tonight." Elieen said. "Nah, that was a different time." Mordecai said. "Yeah, things have changed for us." Rigby said. "First prize is an air conditioner." Mordecai and Rigby gasp, and Y/N's eyes widen. "Guys, you should totally do it." Y/N said. "Where's the sign up sheet?" Mordecai asked. At the park, Benson holds up a soda to cool himself off, Skips sits on a hammock,

Pops laying on a chair with a fan to cool himself off, Muscle Man and Hi-Five Ghost laying down on a pool, and Thomas is laying down on another chair. "Hey guys, guess what?" Y/N asked, and they all groan. "There's gonna be a Battle of the Bands tonight." Mordecai said. "Why should we care, bro?" Muscle Man asked. "Because the prize is a brand new air conditioner!" Y/N said, and the guys got excited. "And we're getting the band back together." Rigby said. Mordecai and Rigby are mimicking rock stars who are playing guitars. "Mordecai and the Rigbys aren't a band. Two guys who can barely play guitar isn't a band." Benson said. "Hey, we've been practicing." Mordecai said. "But on your second point, you're right, two guys isn't a band. That's why we need you guys." Rigby said. "Yeah. Pops, keys." Y/N said. "Skips, bass." Rigby said. "Muscle Man and Fives, horn." Mordecai said.

Mordecai and Rigby are mimicking drummers. "Benson on drums. And..." Mordecai and Rigby look at the two goats. "Uhhh..." Mordecai said. "I know, we can be your British managers." Thomas said, and the trio looked confused. "What?" Y/N asked. "Dude, every band has a mean British manager." He speaks with a British accent. "Oi, you lot!" He snickers and again speaks in a British accent. "We're supposed to play Manchester on half an hour ago!" Y/N also snickers. "Sure... if that's what you want. But can't I just like... sing or something?" Y/N asked. Mordecai and Rigby look at each other, then shrug. "Sure, if that's what you want." Mordecai said.

"Oh you guys won't be disappointed. Y/N has a great voice." Thomas said. The duo look surprised, then smirk. Y/N blushed a little at the compliment, and so did Thomas once he realized what he said. "I mean, uh... have fun!" Thomas runs off. "Uhh...sure, man. So, you guys with us?" Mordecai asked the others. "If it means getting out of this heat wave, then we're in!" Muscle Man said. "AC! AC! AC! AC!" Everyone chanted. "You guys better know what you're doing!" Benson said. In the garage, the gang is setting up the band and playing music. "Guys? Guys?" Mordecai asked. "Hey, listen up you lot, Mordo here has something to say!" Thomas said, then leaves, and Y/N chuckles.

"Uhhh...thanks, Thomas. Now we're all in this together and we all have equal say. No one person is in charge, okay?" Mordecai asked. "Fine! Even though I've actually been in a successful band before." Benson said. "Really?" Y/N asked, sounding a little surprised. "Yes." Benson said. "Okay, we need a really awesome tune. Anybody have any song ideas?" Rigby asked. "I'm working on a rock opera! It's a little thing I call: Benson-Phonia!" Benson said. "Benson, no offense but since we're equals now, that sounds totally stupid, bro. No offense!" Muscle Man said, and Y/N snickers. "Actually, I've been working on a riff." Mordecai said. "Let's hear it!" Pops said. "Yeah, share." Y/N said. "Okay, I'm a bit rusty, alright? Okay, okay." Mordecai plays a guitar riff, and then the rest of the band plays along with it one at a time. "C'mon, Mordo!" Mordecai and Rigby play a short riff.