Chapter XX

Everyone was standing up, Quinn groaning under his breathe about being interrupted in his sleep whereas Abel gave out a low hearty chuckle as he attempted to encourage Quinn to go up to his room and pass out there rather than the sofa. Mentioning being too lazy to carry the grown man all the way upstairs.

"Also you need to shower." Abel inputs much to Quinns offense as he whips around, his eyebrows furrowed and mouth agape.

"How dare you, are you insinuating that I smell." Quinn gasps, covering his mouth with his hand in mock shock, as if on que tears well into his eyes. I wasn't sure if he felt genuinely offended or not but just as I was about to step forward and say something to comfort him a large hand wraps around my wrist, halting my movements.

"Yes, you smell, now get your stinky fine ass into the shower before I drag you in there myself." Abel jokes, instantly Quinns glistening eyes disappear and instead his face contorts into fake anger as he raises his hand to slap Abel across the shoulder. "Psh, you're so dramatic." Abel adds with a laugh.

"I am not!" Quinn screeches in offence. Regardless the man gives up when the whole rooms stays silent and disagreeing eyes are trained on him. "F*ck you all." Quinn puffs out, storming out of the room his face a tint of red as he disappears behind the wall. His anger fuelled steps sounded loudly as he climbed up the stairs.

Abel blew out a small laugh before pursuing after Quinn. I will admit it was rather strange to me whenever I thought back to when I first met Quinn to the current version of himself that I've gotten to learn so much about. From acting hostile and kicking me to the curb like a nobody to whining just about anything so casually in front of me.

He was in a weird way unique, one I hadn't met ever before and I wasn't going to complain about it either. It eased me to know he had changed since the first time I had met him and didn't think of me the same as when we first met.

"Come on, lets get you to bed too. You look ready to pass out." Oskar guides, his grip still on my wrist. Kai looked conflicted on whether to follow us up or not, probably still hesitant on where he belongs in this household. I don't blame him for it either, it definitely took time for me. Even now there are moments where I wonder if here is where I truly belong or should be tossed back to the curb.

Just before leaving the loungeroom Oskar came to a sudden stop and turns around, looking past me and in the direction of Kai. He holds out his hand and beckons for Kai to come too.

As if relieved to have some sort of direction, Kai walks over but doesn't accept Oskars hand like I thought he would. If bothered or not by Kai's decision, Oskar doesn't show any reaction. By the clear rejection he instead chuckles and continues to tug me along. Kai remaining beside me until we reach our rooms.

"Kai before you go, would you and Ezra be okay if we all slept in the same bed tonight? It's a suggestion and in no means to force you. If you say no that's perfectly fine, it's just for tonight and I believe it might be a way for us to begin to relax in each other's presence?"

Kai slowly turned on his heel, his hand slipping away from the door handle to his room. His eyes flickered between me and Oskar in confliction. He cast his stare to the ground, and I watched as he pulled his bottom lip between his teeth, nibbling at it nervously.

"I won't be falling asleep for a while so if you decide just come in. You are more than welcome to decline the offer or leave the room if you ever feel it is out of your comfort zone. Ezra?" Oskar gave me a questioning gaze, waiting for my answer on his earlier question. I wasn't opposed to the idea after all with winter being around it was rather chilly in my room. Even if the house was heated, sleeping under a blanket without somebody can be rather lonely.