Noah Senior's pulling Blair Aunty into his arms, giving her those dreamy eyes that could make anyone melt.

I can't help but chuckle to myself as I take in the scene. Damn, this whole family is like a bunch of scary softies, and it's kind of adorable.

"That could be us."

Alec's voice catches me off guard, and before I can even process it, he's right there next to me, all tall and handsome.

"Jeez, where did you come from?" I blurt out, trying to regain my composure.

"I was always here," he replies casually, but there's something in his tone that makes my heart race.

Just as I start to walk away, to escape wherever this is going, he grabs my arm, and suddenly, goosebumps erupt all over my skin.

"What did I say about running away from me, Princess?" he murmurs, his voice low and dangerously seductive.

I meet his gaze, trying to play it cool. "Ummm, I don't remember. Bad memory," I quip, freeing myself from his hold and turning to walk away. But just as I think I'm in the clear, Nick pops up out of nowhere, blocking my path.

Seriously?

"Evie! Looks like your dream came true," Nick teases, and I swear my eyes are about to fall out of their sockets. Dreams? Wet dreams about his brother?How does he know about... that?  Or the kiss? Did Alec tell him? No, Alec wouldn't tell him about anything even if someone put a gun to his head. Did Nick see us kissing? Holy shit, what am I going to tell Nick?

I'm mentally preparing for the earth to open up and swallow me whole. Ready for that to happen any time now.

But before I can dwell on it any longer, Nick continues, pointing out, "Your dupatta is stuck," then adds with a confused head tilt, "in Alec's watch."

I look down to find my dupatta tangled in Alec's watch, and Alec lifts his hand, with a smirk. He's looking at me like he knows exactly what's going through my mind.

Nick interrupts my thoughts again, asking, "Since when do you wear classic watches?" His tone is suspicious, and now I'm the one in confusion.

What does he mean by that?

But Nick doesn't wait for a response. Instead, he starts walking away like he just saw something that needs his immediate attention.

I turn to Alec, my fingers fumbling,  trying to untangle my dupatta from his watch, but his heated gaze is practically burning a hole through me.

"This damn watch," I mutter under my breath, frustration creeping in as the fabric refuses to budge.

Alec chuckles,  "So impatient," he remarks, his hand covering mine on the watch as he helps untangle my dupatta. But then, his touch lingers, holding my hand in place as he speaks.

"You can't hide from me, Princess," he murmurs, his gaze intense as it meets mine.

I meet his gaze head-on, a challenge flashing in my eyes. "Try me," I retort, refusing to back down.

Alec shakes his head, a smirk playing on his lips. "That stubbornness of yours turns me on," he confesses, and before I can even process his words, he grabs some color from the nearest table and smudges it on my cheek. I feel like I'm on fire, but I have to keep my guard up.

Without missing a beat, I grab some color of my own and retaliate, coloring him back. "And nothing about you turns me on," I shoot back with a smile before turning on my heel and walking away, leaving Alec behind with a smirk on his face and a mess of colors on both of us.