Joshna

As I step onto the grounds, I feel a chill run down my spine, not just from the crisp morning air, but also from the realisation that it's already the eighth month of the year. I adjusted my bag strap and closed the car door, then proceeded to walk into the classroom. When I entered the room, my colleague Ana came in front of me and hugged me, asking what my plan for the day was. Her eyes were radiant. I scanned the room to ascertain if anyone was listening in. I informed her that I was going to meet Isaac. She glanced at me and asked with a questioning tone whether I was going to a normal meeting or something more. While we were talking, she stopped and smiled, saying, "All the best with the meeting." I realized that she thought I was going to a date with him.

Bell rangs, 

The monotone of the literature teacher's voice filled the classroom. I attempted to focus on the class, but my concentration was gradually sapped. Suddenly, the classroom door opened, and someone broke the monotony and came in.

Brad walked in, and his entrance commanded everyone's attention, including the teachers. I felt a wave of annoyance as I watched him enter.

Ah, Brad, you're finally here. The teacher said, with a disapproving tone. 

Brad shrugged nonchalantly, his carefree attitude irrating me. Sorry, teacher. He replied, his voice with arrogance.

The teacher didn't want to make a big deal with him, so she said, "Take a seat and try to be a good person in the future." 

Brad scanned the room and saw me with a smirk and went to the last bench to sit. The teacher resumed the lesson, but I lost concentration, I felt a little annoyed, so I tried to sleep on the bench.

*********

the final bell rang, signalling the end of literature class and i woke up, breathing a sigh of relief and packing my books into my bag. suddenly my phone buzzed in my pocket i pulled it out, tapping the screen and seeing his words

Hey, I'll be waiting for you on the basketball court, senioooo!

I hesitated for a moment because Brad was in class, what if he found out we were meeting? I looked over at my friend Ana and replied, "Sure, I'll be there. 

Ana gave me a quizzical look and asked, "What's up?" 

I told her I was going to meet Isaac at the basketball court. If the teacher asks, just tell her I went to the canteen. I explained quickly, my heart racing with anticipation.

I exited the classroom without attracting any attention. As I was walking along the corridor, my mobile phone buzzed. I tapped the screen to see who it was. It was Isaac, He asked, "Where are you?" I took a deep breath and looked around to see if anyone was watching. I replied that I was on my way and ended the call.