The Accident

BRRRNNGGG! BRRNNGGG!

I pounded the alarm with my fist and it fell, tumbling down to the floor. I stretched out my arms and blinked a couple of times before getting up. I looked through the window. The weather looked nice. I felt a gush of outdoor feeling rushing into me.

I got up, took a quick bath and put on my black skater skirt and white tank top. I stopped in front of the mirror before I went out.

“Good morning sunshine! Looking good today, huh?” I winked at my own reflection.

The weather was gloomy and the clouds threatened to rain. I shrugged it off. Others referred to it as ‘bad luck’ but for me it was the perfect day to ride my bicycle. It gave me less worry to get uneven tan.

“Are you out of your mind? It would rain soon. Bring a raincoat for precaution.” Mrs. Connor warned.

She was doing her landlady duties of tidying up the place when I hopped in the living room to ask for directions to a short cut to town.

“I’ll be back soon. C’mon, tell me now please.” I pleaded.

She clicked her tongue and puckered her mouth. Even so, she gave in it to me. I happily jogged out of the room and took the bicycle out of the garage.

“Okay, she said to turn to the left after two blocks, then right all the way” I thought aloud.

I obediently followed what Mrs. Connor said. I successfully drifted to the left after two blocks from the mansion and I was shocked to find out the steepness of the road ahead of me. My mind was telling me to ‘stop, go back and be a good girl’ but my instinct was pushing me to move forward.

I inhaled deeply and continued the course. I was already halfway in the steep, rough road when a strong wind suddenly poured forth. I struggled to maintain my balance. The wind was too strong for me to handle.  I attempted to get off the bike but I landed on the wrong foot and twisted my ankle. I totally lost my equilibrium and I plummeted into the ravine down to the cliff then to the wilderness.

I fell unconscious even before I reached the ground.

Oh, heavens. Are you punishing me?

I woke up to the clanging of the silverwares. I slowly opened my eyes and I found myself lying against a soft fabric. It was dark except for the soft brim of light emanating under a barricade. I thought it was a door. Then it hit me, where the hell am I?!

I panicked as I struggled to get up. I was aching all over but I forced myself to sit up. I felt a slight pang on my head. I ran my fingers and I felt a bandage wrapped around my forehead. I froze. I remembered that I tumbled down the cliff and it was an unsightly accident. I tried to move my right foot but I only ended up crying in pain.

Somebody suddenly barged in. My eyes widened as I met a pair of emerald ones. Ed stood there, holding a candle on one hand and the door knob on the other. His face was stricken with worry. I felt worried and relieved at the same time. I was upset. He was the last person that I wanted to see, along with Alex.

“Are you okay?” he exclaimed.

“What are you doing here?!” I hissed back.

He sighed.

“Well, long time no see.”

He closed the door behind him and walked to me. I just realized that I was lying on a couch and I was wearing a man’s polo shirt. I cowered away and turned my back against him. “Y-you…did you change me?”

“And I bathe you as well.” He said, with conviction.

I flinched. “What did you say?!”

He knelt down and placed the candle on the floor.

“I found you lying on the ground, wet and dirty.”

I pouted my lips and blushed a little.

It sounded so perverted.

“So, you’ve seen it all?” I reddened some more.

He held my foot and examined it. He was slyly avoiding the subject. I bet he was as embarrassed as I do.

“How’re you feeling? You hit your head somewhere and it left an ugly mark on your forehead. You also twisted your ankle. I did what I could for first aid but it seems that you must see a doctor soon.”

Doctor? Alex?

“No!  I’m perfectly fine. Can you bring me back to the hilltop?” I insisted.

I heard him sigh again. He sat on the floor and leaned against the cough.

“We’re stuck. The typhoon won’t be gone for days.”

I accidentally bit my tongue. “Oh, what typhoon?”

He craned his neck to face me. He wrinkled his brows and his nostrils flared.

“Seriously? Didn’t you know? It was on the news since last week.”

I stared at him in disbelief.

“I’m not a TV person.”