Wrong Turn

I wanted more.

I moaned blatantly in between kisses. I couldn’t help it. An overwhelming pleasant sensation got the better of me.

His lips were so soft and he was devouring mine with passion. I couldn’t find the exact words to describe the prevailing fuss that gotten into us. He bit my lower lip playfully and he let go. I was gasping for air then.

My chest heaved intensely against his. We stared at each other for a while. His gray eyes were burning with desire. I locked my arms onto his neck, urging him to move on. The tips of our nose were touching and he was about to land another passionate kiss on my lips when his cellphone rang.

“I’m sorry…” he whispered to my ear and immediately got up to reach his phone. I blushed a deeper shade of red as I realized how messy I had become.

I sat up straight then fixed myself. I cupped my face. Oh God, I was burning!  Alex, on the other hand, turned his back against me with his phone pressed against his ear.

“Yes, sorry, I was occupied lately.” I heard him said.

“Yes, okay. I see. See you. Yes, I miss you too. I love you.”

Then he hung up and I felt my mouth hung open to the last three words he said. I love you?! Who was he talking to?

Alex breathed heavily then he leaned back. He covered his face with his hand then I noticed he massaged with temple with your second and third finger.

“Sorry, that was my girlfriend.” He said, apologetically.

I jerked away from him.

“What?! You have a girlfriend?!” I exclaimed. My eyes widened with uncertainty. I pointed accusingly at him. “You…you didn’t tell me!”

He put on his glasses and he looked at me. “I’m sorry, that was a mistake.”

“I…” I was shaking. I put down my hand. I felt so ridiculous. I didn’t know why but my heart was pierced a thousand times. Why were you saying that you were sorry? Didn’t you like it?

I choked it down and cleared my throat. I sighed.

“I’m sorry. This won’t happen again.” I said bluntly.

He stood up and offered me his hand. “This won’t happen again. I’m sorry. I think you should go now…”

I nodded and I walked out of the office, dragging with me the remnants of my dignity. He gently closed the door behind me without uttering a word. I felt so angry at myself for falling to his antics. I collected myself then head home.

It was past eight in the evening and it was past the carriage’s curfew. I had no choice but to go on foot.

Stupid town.

It was the longest walk home so far.

I was staring blankly into thin air. I was lost in deep thoughts. I just couldn’t believe what happened. How come he never told me he had a girlfriend?! And why the f*ck did he kiss me?! He started it! That jerk of a doctor he is!

That moment, I really missed having a girlfriend. I missed Tia and Annie, my two best girl friends in the world. I couldn’t help but feel homesick. Tears started to form in my eyes, clouding my vision. I walked a little more. However, the farther I walk, the slower I get. My feet couldn’t drag me any further.

I stopped. Beads of tears started to drop one by one.

That son of a bitch he is!

I buried my face in hands and struggled with the tears. I fought them back with all my might. I just couldn’t help it at that time.