The Arrogant Palm of a Small Human

Start from the beginning

"When did you get here?" Winry gasped.

"How did you even get in you creeper!?" Kaley yelled as she grabbed the frying pan and holding it up. How she got it? No idea.

"Through the window." Ling answered coolly.

"But why?!" Kaley screamed like a maniac.

"It seems appropriate for a criminal." Ling answered making her scream. "First of all there's no need to worry about Ed and Athena's well being. I'm sure they're just fine."

"And how do you happen to know this?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

Athena's POV

Okay, note of the future. NEVER GO IN A FREAKING DESERT! Oh my god it's hot! This is worse than festivals and that's saying a lot! There's no water so not only can't I feel the moisture in my mouth, I can't use my ice alchemy to make a nice snow blanket that might last a mere five minutes! "The Colonel never said we'd be crossing the border. When I get my hands on him... Oh the torture he'll go through." I cursed under my breath lowly.

"How much further do we have left?" Breda asked.

"We've almost made it." The man answered calmly. "Look you can see the ruin's ahead."

I blinked. The ruins of Xerxes? Oh cool! Wait! We were dragged ALL the way out here for a history lesson?! What is hell is this crap? As much as I love this stuff it's not worth it! When arriving Ed jumped into a pool of water and sighed happily. I laughed at this. "My automail almost-" Was the only thing I caught.

"Um... Ed? I have no idea what you said. All I heard was 'My automail' and then you lost me." I answered. Ed then looked up to me before splashing me in the face. I chuckled with a smirk. "I actually like that. Please continue."

"Want me to pull you in?" Ed asked with a smirk.

I put my finger up to my chin in thought. "Hmmm... Nah, then I'll be grumpy. Because I'll be soaking wet... In a middle of a burning... Desert." I mumbled numbly. I thought about it for a bit. There will be irritation with wet socks, but honestly it'll be worth it. "You know what, one second thought. Go on right ahead." I requested pulling my hair out of it's ponytail. He then pulled me into the water sending me completely under. I poked my head out of the water and sighed happily. "Total worth it."

After spending a little time in the water I decided I cooled off enough and got out of the water. I then grabbed my hair and twisted it so I could get the water out. During this Ed removed his shirt to wring it out. It toke a lot of will power not to stare at him. Not that he wouldn't mind but I just didn't want to give him satisfaction. Yeah, not yet. I would steal some glances once and a while and turn away blushing furiously. Kaley would be eating this like chocolate cake. "Like what you see?" I heard him ask next to me. My eyes went wide and I felt as if all the blood in my body flooded into my cheeks.

"I- I um..." I fumbled nervously. "Ummm... Sooo this is Xerxes."

"Yeah, looks like how the fable described it." Ed continued making me mentally sigh of relief. Thank goodness I successfully changed the subject.

"Did you say a fable?" I heard Fu asked who happened to be here.

I turned to him. "Well... Yeah. The Eastern Sage. It's the story about the origin of alchemy in Amestris. The legend said that there was a survivor of the Kingdom of Xerxes after it perished in night who wandered into Amestris. He then spread alchemy around." I explained.

"We have a similar legend in Xing. About a drifter from the west. The art he shared was mixed with the the art of Xing, it became Alkahestry that we practice today." Fu stated.