Celebration and Training

Myne's POV

Tulli was dragging me along, her grip firm and unyielding. It seemed like she had no intention of letting go of my hand anytime soon.

"Big sister, please let go of my hand. I can walk just fine," I pleaded, trying to free myself from her grasp.

"No means no. This is your punishment for literally dying on us without even consulting us. Do you think our feelings don't matter to you?" she retorted, poking my cheek for emphasis. Mother stood beside her, nodding resolutely in agreement.

"Indeed, Tulli. It seems we need to teach Myne the importance of family again. Do you realize how much trouble you caused us by suddenly dying on us? Do you?" Mother added, her voice unusually stern.

I felt myself shrinking under their combined scrutiny, guilt washing over me. "Promise us you will never do that again," Tulli insisted.

"ALRIGHT, I get it! I promise! I'll never do that again, and I'm sorry for acting without thinking. Now, can you please forgive me?" I begged, hoping to appease them.

<They really care about you. I'm jealous> Ifrit's voice echoed in my mind.

'Not you too. Stop talking,' I mentally chided him.

Mother and Tulli exchanged a satisfied nod, and Tulli finally released my hand. "I now have to go for my training. See you later, Myne," she said, turning to leave.

"Wait, what training?" I asked, confused.

"I am training to become your knight so that I can protect you and also keep an eye on you should you do something reckless," Tulli explained, her determination evident.

"Wait-wait, you're training to become my knight? You don't need to do that," I protested.

"I have already resolved myself, and I will not listen to you. Consider this payback for all the times you didn't listen to me," Tulli replied, her resolve unwavering.

"But-But—" I stammered, trying to find the right words.

"Leave it, Myne. I have already tried and failed. She is determined to see this through. Although, do take care of yourself, Tulli," Mother interjected, her voice gentle yet firm.

"Of course, Mom," Tulli replied, and with that, she ran off, leaving me with Lutz and Mother. Ferdinand soon arrived to replace Tulli and escorted me to our room in the hotel.

Once settled, Ferdinand began to fill me in on everything that had transpired while I was asleep. Apparently, my home duchy of Ehrenfest was now a vassal of the Jura Tempest Federation. The only reason Rimuru hadn't taken further action was due to timely intervention to stop the knights from causing more problems.

"So, I have a question. Are we allowed to return to Ehrenfest?" I asked, curious about our future.

"Regarding that, Rimuru-sama has instructed that you are to stay here, where he can keep a close eye on you—a person who has so much power to destroy a nation and who acts on impulse. And I, for one, agree with him," Ferdinand replied, his tone matter-of-fact.

"So mean! I can keep a cool head when needed!" I protested though I knew there was some truth to his words.

"It is nothing but the truth. Accept it. You do have a tendency to act on your emotions without thinking. Also, I should inform you that Lord Rimuru has a rather large library in his possession," Ferdinand added, a hint of amusement in his voice.

I immediately perked up at the mention of a library. 'Yay, more books, more books!' I thought excitedly.

<Mistrress, I find your obsession with books quite strange. Even Veldora-sama was not that strange when he read books he called [The Sacred Text],> Ifrit commented, bemused.