"Wait what are you talking about, is that drugs?" I catch on a bit slowly. I'm honestly surprised by him even suggesting it.

His eyes widen and he looks around to make sure no one heard. "Yes but it's just weed, it's not anything bad. I thought it might help you, you know think less, you seems stressed and anxious and I figured this might be the solution." He then puts it back in his pocket. "Sorry it was stupid I just really wanted to help."

I chew on my lip for a moment thinking, if my parents found out they'd...... Honestly, at the moment they really wouldn't do anything. They'd have to pay attention to any of us first. "What if I spilt it with you?"

He looks back up, "wait really?"

I nod, "maybe it will help," I say not sure if I'm making the right decision or not.

"Okay yeah." He hands me a piece after breaking it in half. I don't know what I was expecting, but nothing immediately happened. So we went to class, figuring maybe it wasn't really enough to do anything.

Later, I'm the bus, I was staring out the window, watching the trees go by, thinking about what it would be like to be a tree when I hear someone talking. "Are you also kind of disappointed that it's the weekend?"

"Hmm?" I look over not fully registering what she said, but now realizing that it was Emory who was talking. She was sitting right next to me, how could I have forgotten.

She starts to clarify, "It's just, with your parents being so distant lately-,"

"Our parents," I say absentmindedly, odd that I felt the need to make that statement.

She gives me a strange look, but continues. "Okay, with "our" parents, being distant, it makes being at home feel, different. Kind of lonely."

She watches me for my thoughts, but I just nod not sure if I had any thoughts at this moment, "hmm, yeah, I can see that."

"Are you okay, you seem off?" Did I? I felt more relaxed, a bit hungry though.

I just shrug, "I had therapy today."

"When, we were at school all day?" She looks even more confused.

"Grandma picked me up from school early and then took my back. Do you think she's going to stay till after dinner. Because you can't cook, you know what actually, we should have cereal for dinner or maybe potato chips?" She stares at me for a minute, so very serious, i think to myself, or maybe I said it out loud be she frowns after I think it. I then reach up to touch her fact, as I'm now thinking about how we kind of look alike.

She grabs my hand and then her face goes from that look of "trying to solve a problem" to "just figured something out" at the same moment the bus stops. She quickly stands up, pulling me with her, my back pack in her other hand.

"This isn't your stop!" The bus driver calls as she drags me off and I wave goodbye.

Emory

Aria had been acting a bit weird on the bus, while her not talking to me during the ride wasn't too out of the norm, something just seemed off with her. She seemed almost dazed. "So serious," she says as I tried to figure out what seemed so familiar about her current state.