𝐗𝐈𝐗

✦ 𝐆𝐋𝐈𝐌𝐏𝐒𝐄 𝐎𝐅 𝐔𝐒 ✦

AURORA'S SENSES WERE IMMEDIATELY ENVELOPED IN DARKNESS AS SHE BLACKED OUT, the roaring winds fading into the distance

AURORA'S SENSES WERE IMMEDIATELY ENVELOPED IN DARKNESS AS SHE BLACKED OUT, the roaring winds fading into the distance. As her consciousness slipped away, she felt a strange relief, a fleeting hope that she might see Percy again in her dreams.

But as the darkness lifted, she found herself standing in a sunlit meadow, the warm rays of the sun casting a golden hue over everything.

There, standing before her, was her father, Apollo, the god of prophecy, sunlight, and healing. It had been so long since she'd last seen him after Zeus closed Olympus following the war a few months ago. Aurora could see a teasing glint in his eyes as he took in her disappointed expression.

"Aurora, my darling sunshine," Apollo greeted, his voice warm and gentle. "Hoping for someone else, were you?"

Aurora tried to mask her disappointment, "It's good to see you too, Dad."

Apollo chuckled softly, "Oh, I see all, my dear. Even your fleeting disappointment."

Aurora sighed, "I'm not disappointed, Dad. Just... I thought I might see Percy."

Apollo's expression softened, "Ah, true love. It's a powerful thing, isn't it?"

At his words, Aurora felt a surge of emotion welling up inside her as she stood before her father. The weight of the prophecies, the constant danger, and the absence of Percy had been building up inside her, and now, in the safety of her father's embrace, it all came crashing down.

Without hesitation, she ran into Apollo's arms, burying her face into his chest as tears streamed down her cheeks. It was a familiar feeling, reminiscent of when she was just seven years old, seeking solace in her father's embrace after her mother's death. The comfort she felt now was just as profound as if no time had passed at all.

In that moment, Apollo held her close, letting her cry, offering the same comforting presence that had been her anchor during that difficult time years ago. It was a poignant reminder that, despite the passage of time and the challenges they had faced, some things remained unchanged, and the bond between a father and daughter was one of them.

"It's okay, my love," Apollo whispered, letting her tears soak into his shirt. "Everything will be okay."

Aurora clung to him, letting herself be vulnerable, letting herself be comforted by her father's embrace. It was a moment of solace, a brief respite from the chaos and danger that seemed to constantly surround them.

And for a moment, everything felt okay.

Aurora looked up at her father, her eyes red from crying but filled with curiosity. "Why are you here, Dad? In my dream, I mean."

Apollo looked down at her, his expression softening. "I can't stay long, Aurora. As you all know Zeus has forbidden the gods from contacting you all."

"Yeah, I know,"  Aurora's tone held a hint of frustration. "He can be so unreasonable sometimes."