I Love You Too Everly

Alex and Zack have been together for six months. Alex had been never been happier, neither had Zack. Zack was about ready to tell Everly that he loved her, and he would like to make a big deal out of it.

Zack and Alex were sitting on Alex's couch watching a movie. Zack had his head in Alex's lap and Alex was running his fingers contentedly through Zack's short hair. Zack loved these quiet moments together. They were fleeting these days.

"So, Everly keeps wondering if I love her too. She always hears me say it to you, and she always looks so sad when I don't say it to her." Zack pondered out loud.

Alex sighed. "I know. She was crying the other night when you were at work, saying she wished Zack would be her Daddy too. I tried very hard to explain that it is a bit complicated."

Zack sat up. Suddenly having many ideas forming in his head. "Can you keep her home from preschool tomorrow? I would like to spend the day with her and make her feel important and special. I do have work tomorrow night so I will have to leave pretty much as soon as you get home." Zack said plainly.

Alex smiled. "Let me send a note through the app right now that she will be gone." Alex said pulling his phone from his pocket.

He sent a message to the school alerting them of Everly's absence the next day, and he put his phone away. Alex smiles goofily as he sees Zack typing feverishly on his phone "What are you planning over there?"

"I was just doing some research on local events. There is a bounce house event in Central Park tomorrow. There is 20 different bounce houses for a general admission of $5. I was thinking we get some pizza, then go there and she can have a ton of fun, and I figured I could tell her I love her  and that if it is ok with her, I would like to be her 2nd daddy of sorts." Zack said with a smile on his face.

Alex was excited yet scared.None of his partners have ever cared about Everly this deeply before. They have never wanted to be a parent to her. They never loved her too. They like Alex, but never love him or Everly.  "Zack..."

Zack shook his head. "Alex. I am not going to leave you. I don't plan on leaving you any time soon. I meant it when I said I would be by yours and Everly's sides forever if you let me. So please. Let me."

Alex moved so he was in Zack's lap. Zack wrapped his arms around Alex's back. Holding him there. He took Zack's face in his hands. Making them be inches apart. "Zack you have my heart. And I know you have been so gentle with it... but letting you have Everly's heart is scary for me. Please don't hurt us..." Alex paused trying to keep himself together.

He was trying his hardest to not put up walls on his daughter's behalf. Alex was trying to be completely vulnerable and truthful. He has always tried to be that way with Zack, but someone expressing love for Everly the way Zack does, was new for him.

"I need you. She needs you.Please don't let us go. Please don't hurt my daughter. Her little heart has been through enough." Alex whispered, making sure his pleading eyes never left Zack's.

Zack took his hands and matched Alex's movements. Placing his hands on Alex's face,rubbing his thumb along his cheeks. Zack leaned forward and kissed Alex's forehead. Alex's eyes fluttered shut. Just enjoying his boyfriend's touch.

"Babe... I don't plan on going anywhere. I want to be here. I love you both. Very much. My heart belongs to you both. Please. Let me love you. You both are incredible and deserve it. I feel so lucky to be in Everly and Alex Gaskarth's orbits." Zack whispered and rested his forehead against Alex's above him.

"I love you so much. Thank you for changing our lives. For the better." Alex whispered.

"Thank you for changing mine. For showing me a love I never knew I could have." Zack whispered back, kissing Alex gently.