Chapter 4

It was finally Sunday the day of arrival before the major snow storm came in as Arianna checked the weather once more to see that it just made it to Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky and a bit of West Virginia. Arianna was so thankful that they didn't waste another day on the road knowing that by the time they got everything in their car into the house that they could enjoy it. From what she could see when they made it to Baltimore it had already been so cold and snow on the ground with flurries still coming down.

Arianna was happy to finally make it to their new hometown that she will be finishing off her last few years of school and even though she wasn't thrilled about being in a Catholic school, she could still manage a bright future. Michigan, well, the Detroit area had bad drug users, alcoholics, and constant murders. Arianna knew she needed a better life though it meant leaving her friends behind and her girlfriend that her mother never knew about. Though breaking it off with her girlfriend was hard when she found out that she wasn't returning to Michigan ever again.

Arianna saw the new home and church in a little cul-de-sac that looked so different from being in an apartment. She didn't think her mom could have bought them a two story house next to an extremely fancy one next to it.

"We are living in a cul-de-sac with a preacher?" Arianna asked.

"Yes, and your school is walking distance from the house but you won't be coming home often according to the pastor." Lisa replied with a small smile.

"Who is his daughter?" Arianna asked again.

"You will find out soon enough since their is church this morning and I am sure, she is already inside. We could use her help." Lisa replied with pride of her new home.

"Sure, a preacher's daughter is going to help us move in this stuff. I'm pretty sure, she is an uptight princess because daddy has money." Arianna responded with a judgment tone.

"Arianna May! That is uncalled for, you don't know this young lady and I would advise you to be nice." Lisa replied in a demanding tone.

Arianna rolled her eyes as her mother spoke again.

"Go ahead into the church and get the young lady, maybe you two can stay the night then head to school together in the morning. You will have your first real friend." Lisa said in that motherly voice.

"Fine. Where do I get her?" Arianna asked.

"The church. Her father will be preaching soon and people will be here shortly. We need to be out of the way. So, go on." Lisa demanded.

Arianna got out of the car as her mom drove up the rest of the way to the driveway that was covered in snow, they would need a four wheel drive by next year. It wasn't going to be easy driving around with a car. Walking up to the church Arianna rolled eyes not believing that she would possibly be attending over the summer with this new girl. Once reaching the doors and opening by blindness from the lights, she could see a girl about her age in the pew making her way nervously to the young girl by walking slowly with each step then approaching to look over her shoulder. Arianna cleared her throat watching the girl jump with her supplies slipping from her hands.

"That is a beautiful picture. It looks just like me." Arianna said.

Arianna walked around to the other side of the pew to get a good view of the girl who had her dark black hair in braided ponytail, her eyes were like a dark brown from a distance, and her fairest brownish skin, she wasn't fully African American but she looked adorable. Arianna saw that she had on a cute outfit that made her smile too because she didn't think that the girl would dress up in jeans and a cozy turtleneck.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

As they both introduced themselves then Arianna asked if Kassidy could help with the rest of the move, as she said that she needed to ask her father that is when she went to wait outside of the church for a few minutes until she went back inside to see Kassidy all excited being ready to go and they both ran outside together while holding hands which sent an electric through Arianna that she hadn't felt since her last girlfriend.

Reaching the car to see a U-Haul truck just arriving, Arianna sighed looking at her mom.

"Couldn't we just donate what is in the truck? We don't need that much for the two of us." Arianna said in a tired voice.

"Let's see what is inside that your dad sent us and we will decide from there because he wanted to make sure you had everything that you would want in this new home." Lisa replied with a gentle parent tone.

Arianna whispered an apology to Kassidy and she just smiled, grabbing a box to take inside as did Arianna placing them in the rooms that were furnished with beauty. Arianna couldn't help but wanting to go to her room to see what it looked like. Arianna ran outside to her mom slipping on a bit of ice on the sidewalk as Kassidy caught her.

"Be careful! Ice is really slick." Kassidy said sweetly.

"Mom! The house is already furnished, it looks so beautiful." Arianna said excitedly.

"I knew you would like it. Now, come on, let's get everything in before it gets too late to have lunch with the church." Lisa replied encouragingly.

Arianna and Kassidy helped get as much as they could inside but they ended up eating lunch inside the new home since they still had a long way to go with unpacking the U-Haul. Arianna didn't think she had that much in her old bedroom back in Michigan. It threw her totally off of all the stuff that was stored inside of the U-Haul. After getting the final box out of the U-Haul truck for her mom, she looked at it, labeled her name and shrugged carrying it from the truck to her room with Arianna behind her.