𝙴𝚖𝚙𝚝𝚢

Azani lay quietly on her bed, staring out into the darkness.

Most nights she couldn't sleep no matter how badly she wanted to.

So here she was, left alone to be consumed by her destructive thoughts and to be reminded of how unimportant of a person she was.

For the majority of her life, she felt insane, like she held no purpose, like she was just a background character simply here to take up space.

She couldn't remember the last time she felt happiness, the last time she had a good experience, the last time she felt loved.

People always talk about the spirit but here she was feeling like an empty shell, like a vessel with no soul.

After you've gone such a long time without receiving things you start to feel as if you don't deserve it, as if you're unworthy of it.

If no one can love her then why should she love herself?

Azani groaned out in agony. She wished that she could just be a normal person.

She wished so badly that at the end of the day she could feel content and go to sleep in peace.

She yearned for the feeling of peace.

She got out of bed and made her way to the bathroom. She couldn't take it anymore.

She turned on the faucet and splashed water on her face.

She stared at her reflection in the mirror as she panted heavily.

She felt her eyes begin to burn as tears filled them.

She wanted so badly to just be loved.