Bonding time!

Wally's pov
***
I woke up in the morning pretty groggy, but for once I got a good night's rest. I yawned and stretched, looking to my left at barnaby who was still asleep and then at the clock. It was only 6:15 in the morning, which was pretty amazing since it'd take me years to get out of bed. That was a hyperbole. "Barnaby " I whispered softly, I didn't want to be loud and scare the living daylights out the guy but I also didn't want barnaby to be dead. I saw his eyes open and flutter around, obviously the sunlight was bright. I put my hand to cover the light and I helped barnaby get the day started. It felt weird. I swear just yesterday I was calling this kid a weirdo but here I am trying to help him get dressed! "Come on Barnaby!" I sighed "no... I don't wanna" hearing barnaby whine in a sleepy morning voice made me feel something, but id only let a groan and i propped barnaby up.
    "O-oh dude" I pulled away and gagged, a horrible stench of BO illuminated from barnaby. I knew barnaby smelt a bit bad but not like this. I tried to not say anything but it was pretty bad. I opened the window to air out the smell, seeing barnabys face red from embarrassment "I had a nightmare last night, I didn't think my sweating was that bad" he muttered and I sighed. I couldn't get mad. I mean this kid seemed to be struggling a lot, the lashing out, lack of hygiene and loneliness seemed to come from a poor and neglected (possibly abusive) household. J couldn't get mad
        "Its ok dude" I said and helped barnaby off the bed "uhm... Why don't you hop in the shower? I'll do your laundry and stuff" I offered while rummaging my bag for some deodorant or cologne even, eventually finding both of them. I brought spares so I put them on the sink of barnaby's bathroom, putting a new toothbrush and toothpaste as well... Yeah I came extremely prepared. I have anxiety, I cary spares of everything before i leave because who knows what I'm gonna leave behind. "T-thanks" barnaby said embarrassed as he walked to the bathroom. I left barnaby to shower, sneaking inside the bathroom while the shower was on, only to grab barnaby's clothes. I took matters into my own hands and started to rummage around barnaby's room and pick up every piece of laundry left around.
      In Total I found about 5 pairs of socks, 4 shirts, 8 underwear, 3 pants and a hoodie that was stained. All reeked of odors. I recalled all the outfits the clothes were worn with, I knew Barnaby re-wore things like everyone else but not like this. I didn't think barnaby only had such a limited selection of clothes. I only saw a single pair of shoes as well, I recognize them since barnaby wore them daily. They were in piss poor conditions as well and It looked like they didn't fit barnaby at all. Everytime Id see barnaby walking the halls I always saw him with a limp or a weird way of walking. It made more sense though. "Poor guy" I murmured to myself as I started a load of laundry, grabbing a fresh pair of jammies for barnaby to lounge in.
    Everything from cleaning to starting laundry to grabbing some clothes in Barnabys closet, only took 6 minutes. Which to me was fast. "You okay in there?" I knocked on the door just incase the big guy needed something

"yeah" I heard him yell out.

"Call me if you need something" I told him.

With a small sigh, I took matters into my own hands. I found a broom down the hall in the closet and took it to barnaby's room. I fairly quickly brushed everything up, I mean EVERYTHING! I even found a mop and mopped the floor, the only thing was there wasn't hot water in the faucet downstairs. The dishes in the sink even had mold growing ... I started to realize maybe this house was more neglected than I'd initially assumed. But right now I was worried about barnaby, I wanted barnabys room to feel like... A room, not a prison. I came back to the bedroom with a couple of cleaning supplies. "Where are your parents?" I asked barnaby while I sprayed some Windex on the filthy window. "There... I don't know. J think they went to see my sister. Shes seeing my parent the whole break" I thought about it for a minute... "How olds your sister" I asked softly while wiping the window down "19, only two years older." Hearing that, I knew barnaby's parents were playing favorites now. "What's your sister doing?" I asked as I saw barnaby open the bathroom door, brushing his teeth while in fresh clothes. I smiled softly and gave a thumbs up, just to let barnaby know he was doing a good job. "Shes got pregnant with her second baby" I nodded to that before... "Wait what?" I said flabbergasted "

   "What?" Barnaby tilted his head "well why aren't you there?" I asked. I didn't want to bring up the fact it was teen pregnancy since maybe there was more than that. "I dunno... I flunked my math test... " He said as he spat out the toothpaste. I hesitantly nodded to this. I mean that was really stupid. Barnaby would see his SISTER, even if he failed a test. I didn't say anything about it but I kept it in mind... "I..I told my mom I'm coming home in the late noon, just so you know" I said to change the subject. Continuing to clean while barnaby tried to help, though barnaby kept knocking things over and In the end I'd told Barnaby to just sit down and that id do it all. I spent a good 20 minutes wiping the surfaces of barnaby's room down, listening to the guy talk about whatever came to his mind... Oh boy did alot seem to go through barnaby's mind... I mean a lot.
    "Did you know they made a new Gameboy! Oh my gosh Ive been seeing posters all around, they look so cool! Do you have one? Do you want one? I hope I can buy it, one some day!" Barnaby just talked so fast I was struggling to comprehend this all! "I-i...u-uhm...uhm" struggling to remember what barnaby said, I paused all my movement and put a finger over barnaby's mouth "slow down..." I said.. my eyes closed for a moment. I pulled away after a minute and looked down at barnaby "one question at a time" I said and sighed. I put the rag down and sat on the bed next to barnaby, my back already sore from cleaning, though I've only been cleaning for 15 minutes. "do you have the new Gameboy" barnaby said with a slight embarrassment in his tone. I sighed and nodded, chuckling softly. I grabbed my bag and pulled it out for barnaby. "Try it out!" I giggled and leaned over. I didn't think it'd end with us taking for hours. It was 6 when we woke up and by the end of our time it was 11 o'clock. I was tired and my social battery was running out, I couldn't help but lay my head on the pillow and close my eyes. I leaned my head on barnaby's chest as I drifted off to sleep.
    I guess both our batteries drained faster than we'd thought... It was good bonding time though.