what a weirdo!

3rd person
***
"Uhm, yeah that's my project" barnaby murmured. He was holding a pretty sloppy globe that looked like it was painted and written by a five year old. Though barnaby seemed to be proud of it due to his smile he had just moments before his presentation, people around him snickered and whispered. It must've hurt poor old barnabys feelings, now he was shut down and all he wanted to do was go home.
     "Take a seat" the teacher said as she continued. Barnaby took a seat next to wally, though it seemed barnaby thought wally was his friend. It was hard to tell to barnaby that wally was just a classmate, wally was so nice and comfortable to be near! "You know you misplaced Canada with Russia on your globe?" Wally murmured to barnaby, pointing to the sloppy project now in the front of class waiting for the bell to ring. It was apparent. It was 100% misplaced. Barnaby's face had drained as it was now clear everyone was laughing because he'd messed up his geography project... On the easiest thing.
     "Shit... That was like 30 percent of our grade" barnaby murmured, embarrassed and disappointed at himself. Wally patted barnaby's shoulder as he knew it must've been embarrassing. The bell finally rang once again, this time it was time for home. It was FINALLY winter break. Three weeks off. Wally walked to his group of friends, while barnaby walked silently to the gates. Nobody wanted to talk to barnaby. Barnaby already had a fucked reputation, I mean he just looked messed up. A shaggy mullet, shades, baggy pants and tees, rugged shoes, i mean he looked like a thug with his jewelery on ... The only concern was the fact he'd worn the same thing for a week. It wasn't noticable since no body could care for barnaby, but to wally, it was obvious. I mean wally saw barnaby daily.
    " Sorry it took long, Sally needed help" wally muttered as he walked up to barnaby. It was time to go home together, the same way they'd come to school together, they'd go back together. Comparing the two boys, wally wore Moreee... Subtle. Sure, Wally wore a bit of makeup, maybe even thigh highs, but wally was pretty normal compared to barnaby's forced thug persona. Wally was even funny too, he had a more ideal person from the 90's. He was quirky and ambitious, with a lot of friends that would help him.
     They walked a good couple blocks to and from school, wallys house came first.. it was awkward though, it was always awkward when wally was with barnaby and it was apparent to the blind eye, you could tell because they wouldn't talk at all,maybe a couple sentences but that was it. Barnaby spoke up, wanting to break the silence "u-uhm... So .." the bigger guy started off, wally's attention to barnaby as Wally took his earbud out. "Do you maybe wanna hang out? Or... Something" barnaby murmured, obviously he'd never been this close to someone. But all wally seemed to be thinking was "what a weirdo!"