CONVINCING THE ORIGINAL

CALIFORNIA

AFTER AN ELEVEN HOUR FLIGHT BACK TO THE STATES, the four landed back in Los Angeles. Thanks to the blonde original, they flew in a private jet, which meant they landed on a private tarmac and had people carrying their things into a rented car.

"Home sweet home." Xóchitl said, when she stepped off the plane.

"Yeah, back home where people shunned me and have it out for you." Valentina snarked as she climbed into the car.

Xóchitl's face dropped and followed her cousin into the car, all the beautiful sight seeing she packed into the three hours Citlali allotted them to do whatever they pleased, she had forgotten all the drama that awaited them back home, "Right, I forgot about that."

Valentina peered into the front seats and saw Rebekah staring off into space, "I don't think she's okay. You think she's okay?" she whispered.

Xóchitl shook her head, "No, I think she's scared."

"You two know I can in fact hear you," Rebekah snapped, "And it's bit nerve wracking coming here for my daughter I didn't know existed."

"It's fine, not like she would know you weren't there." Valentina pinched her, "What? It's true."

"It's not— this isn't even supposed to be a possibility."

"Yeah, but Eztli usually gets what he wants...wanted."

"You're not helping." Valentina said.

The door opened and in hopped Citlali, before throwing some snacks in the back to her cousins, "We're going straight to the hospital."

"I thought we were going back to headquarters?" Valentina asked, opening a bag of Hot Cheetos.

"Change of plans, Dayami wants us there." Xóchitl said, having received the same text as her cousin.

"Is the baby okay?" Rebekah worriedly asked.

"She is, my mom just wants to avoid drama with the coven... they still don't exactly know what's happening." Citlali explained, turning on the car and buckling herself in.

"And why's that?"

"The elders are really old school and aren't big fans of vampires, so bringing an original wouldn't go down well." Citlali said, turning on

"Well, that's just bloody fantastic. My daughter was born into a vampire hating cult—"

"We're not a cult." Citlali said.

Rebekah ignored her, "Which means they'll hate her."

"My mom, your daughter's grandmother, is coven leader but she's not like them. she's trying to make changes in the coven." Citlali informed.

"But not fast enough," Valentina scoffed, "They're so old and only want things done their way. If anything doesn't please them, they usually get rid of it."

"But that's not going to happen to the baby, she's family and apart of the coven. The elders are all about family." Xóchitl said.

Valentina rolled her eyes, "Unless you get turned into a vampire, or have vampire parents. They literally just let wolves be married into the coven ten years ago. You think they're gonna welcome her with open arms."

"That's only because they think breaking all two hundred and six bones once a month is a curse and don't want any of their members suffering." Xóchitl said, thinking about it, she felt like being a werewolf would be the worst thing ever because the pain would be unbearable.