SAINT-TROPEZ

A MONTH HAD PASSED SINCE THE BABY WAS BORN, or as Xóchitl liked to call it, evicted. It had taken three days to transfer the infant back to Los Angeles, but not before being questioned the sheriff, and a mysterious man in a leather jacket.

Citlali worked on getting the baby ready for transportation, she wasn't too unstable and her heart rate was steady, so she thought it'd be the perfect time to make the move.

Within the last two days, the infant's condition got drastically worse. She caught an infection, which they weren't sure how she had gotten it, severe anemia, a brain bleed, and some unknown heart problems they were still figuring out. So now, the infant had a million wires coming out of her instead of just the breathing mask.

Xóchitl was sitting by the incubator, sitting on a stool, stroking the infants tiny arm, "Hola mamas, tu tia no the deja en paz. No the deja en paz," she baby talked to her, "Le doy un pow pow, si."

Citlali scoffed, "Shut up, I am the literal reason she's alive right now."

Xóchitl rolled her eyes, "Whatever, she loves me more. Verdad."

"How's your mom?" Valentina asked Xóchitl while she spun around in a chair.

"Great, she's on vacation right now, Puerto Rico."

"She must love that."

There was a knock at the door and a moment later the town sheriff and a leather clad man walked in. First the sheriff, then the man who made sure to close the door behind him.

"We have some questions for the two of you." The sheriff stated.

The man scoffed, "Cut the pleasantries, Liz. We know it was them who cut open that poor girl open and tore that baby out," he walked further into the room before speeding over to Valentina, grabbing her by the neck before slamming her into the wall, "What kind of sickos are you people?"

"That wasn't us. It was her psycho brother." Xóchitl blurted out, pointing to her cousin.

Citlali rolled her eyes, and resorted to using her magic. She once again used it to give him an aneurism which caused him to let go of Valentina, "It wasn't us, we were just here cleaning up a mess."

"What exactly happened? What did your brother do?" Liz asked.

Citlali sighed, "We're witches from a coven in California. My brother basically went power hungry and basically turned evil. In our coven we get powerful with each sacrifice we make-"

  "Wow, that's dark." The man managed to cough out.

   "Let them finish, Damon." The sheriff said.

   "It's not human sacrifices-"

   "Not usually." Valentina interrupted.

Citlali continued, "We haven't had any human sacrifices in centuries, actually I don't think we've had a human sacrifice since Mesoamerican times."

  "I doubt that," Xóchitl said, "You don't think there were other power hungry witches who wanted to be leader."

  "Not the point." Citlali said, "The point is my brother went crazy, came up with a plan to get an original vampire pregnant so he'd have this all powerful hybrid child he could sacrifice to the gods–"

  "Wait," Damon cut in, there was only one original vampire that could reproduce with a man, "Original vampire... you mean Rebekah Mikaelson. That is Original Barbie's baby... how is that even possible. Vampires can't procreate."