1275: Robber No. 1 and Robber No. 2

This feeling was strange but also refreshing.

Looking out from the pool, both inside and outside the villa's walls were lush and tranquil. The azure sky and vast sea seemed just beyond the pool, like an endless expanse of freedom was within her reach. Outside the walls, on the estate's roads, and in other villas... perhaps danger lurked around every corner. However, at this moment, Lin Sanjiu felt that the ever-turning wheel of time, constantly grinding the world, had receded far away, leaving only her and Ji Shanqing, one in the water and the other on the shore.

Everything feels different with the grand prize around.

Indeed, they don't know where danger awaits them behind each corner. But Ji Shanqing is different from all her other friends. Only when he is about to turn a certain unknown corner would Lin Sanjiu ask him to look at the wallpaper's patterns and inquire, "Doesn't this look like a face?"

She still remembered that for several weeks after she first told him that human faces could be found in patterns, the grand prize would move closer to the patterns whenever they saw them, and within a few seconds, he'd exclaim, "Ah, I see it again!"

Now that he had become one of the Veda, he naturally understood what that meant. But as Lin Sanjiu extended her hand from the water towards him, the same expression from back then appeared on his little face—full of surprise, curiosity, and a bit of caution.

"You're not afraid of getting wet now, right?" she asked with a smile.

"But... what's fun about water?"

Ji Shanqing had been pacing around the pool's edge for several rounds as if Lin Sanjiu was asking him to walk through a ring of fire instead of getting in the water. Apparently, his past experience of falling into the water had left a considerable impact on him. After being urged several times, he finally hesitated for a long while before reaching out one hand and gently skimming the water's surface with his fingertips.

"Don't pull me! Let me take it slow—"

With a splash, Lin Sanjiu firmly grabbed his wrist, completely pulling him into the pool and sending up a spray of white water that rose high into the air, mixed with the grand prize's half-scream.

However, she didn't get off easily either: the grand prize clung tightly to her neck, making it difficult to catch her breath. They both ended up soaked, with her carrying a huge wet monkey on her back as they plunged into the water. Lin Sanjiu wasn't good at swimming, and after coughing a few times, she managed to resurface, suppressing the burning sensation in her nostrils, and shouted, "It's shallow here; you can stand up; come down quickly!"

Ji Shanqing kept his eyes shut tightly, refusing to let go. Even though his feet were already touching the bottom, he dared not let her go. Helplessly, Lin Sanjiu dragged the wet monkey on her back and slowly made two laps in the pool, whispering, "Look, it's fine. It's fun, right?"

It wasn't until he felt the gentle waves of water hitting up and flooding away one at a time that the tightly wrinkled little face finally slowly loosened.

He stretched his neck from Lin Sanjiu's shoulder and warily surveyed the pool. If he could negotiate with water, Lin Sanjiu was sure he would.

"It's really okay, isn't it?" she asked.

"Um... it seems so, but don't let go!" The latter half of the grand prize's sentence suddenly rose, stopping her actions. "Keep carrying me like this and walk slowly... yeah, that's it."

On land, it was a horse carrying someone. In the water, it was a seahorse?

"Carrying you like this, I feel like a creature—" Lin Sanjiu started, but the grand prize interrupted her, "Sis, we're not in the sea."